Reload this Page >

Moving to Orlando FL Help!

Moving to Orlando FL Help!

Old Jan 12th 2016, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

R1chn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Orlando FL Help!

Hi Everyone

We are a couple in our early 30's moving to FL for my work. My partner wont be able to work I dont think and we need to find somewhere to live!

We need to be within 30mins of Haines city and are looking at celebration and davenport.

Any advice apreciated?!

Also any guidance in what our monthly bill might be would also be greatful.

Thanks for your help!

Rich
Old Jan 12th 2016, 7:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Orlando FL Help!

So you're not sure if your partner can work or not? What visa do you have? Are you married?

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2016, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So you're not sure if your partner can work or not? What visa do you have? Are you married?

Rene
Hi,

We are about to go through the visa application process. We are not married. We were wondering which are the best areas to live where we can start out new life that is commutable to haines city and what are all the things we'll have to pay monthly.

Thanks for the reply.

Rich
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R1chn
.... We are about to go through the visa application process. We are not married. ....
What is the visa type? The most common company transfer visa is an L-1A or L-1B, and your spouse would be able to work. The same applies for an E-2, which is also sometimes used for a transfer.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice on that. It'll be september so best get married!
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

"The visa application" is not enough information. Which visa, exactly? Either way, you must be married for your partner to get a dependent visa. Some allow work, some don't, so we can't help you with that until we know which visa you're getting.

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for your help. To clarify im not asking for advice regarding eligability to work - although the abive advice has been great and very helpful - Im hoping to get some guideance on the best area to live and what our monthly bills are likely to be.

Thanks again.

Ric
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We are about to go through the visa application process. We are not married. We were wondering which are the best areas to live where we can start out new life that is commutable to haines city and what are all the things we'll have to pay monthly.

Thanks for the reply.

Rich
Are you being transferred by your current company in the UK? That will give some idea of what your visa might be.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Are you being transferred by your current company in the UK? That will give some idea of what your visa might be.
Yes thats correct
Old Jan 12th 2016, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for your help. To clarify im not asking for advice regarding eligability to work - although the abive advice has been great and very helpful - Im hoping to get some guideance on the best area to live and what our monthly bills are likely to be.

Thanks again.

Ric
Please bear with us...you see we get several posts a day where people state they are moving to the US but they do not realize that they are not eligible for a visa. So first things first, if you could please tell us what visa you have/are applying for...then we can proceed from there. Thank you.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 9:56 pm

Hi

Thanks again.

Ric
Sorry about that. Since your initial post sounded like you weren't sure about the work eligibility, I thought I would try to clear that up for you.

Rene
Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

markcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I am wondering why you would want to move nearer the tourist traps of Davenport and Celebration which are more than likely going to be more expensive to buy and rent in than south of Haines City?
If you want to get a view on property prices and areas, get Trulia. It has the crime databases for an area, the school score etc and average house rentals and prices.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

JPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

We are a couple in our early 30's moving to FL for my work. My partner wont be able to work I dont think and we need to find somewhere to live!

We need to be within 30mins of Haines city and are looking at celebration and davenport.

Any advice apreciated?!

Also any guidance in what our monthly bill might be would also be greatful.

Thanks for your help!

Rich
Hi Rich,

I live in Davenport. Celebration will cost you significantly more and would be a longer commute. Another area you could look at if Haines City is your work area is Lake Alfred or Winter Haven.

In Davenport, rent will run you $1200 to $1500 for a 3 or 4 bed house. We pay $1400 for a 5 bed with a pool.

Electricity will cost you $250-300 a month in the summer and $150-200 in the winter months. Water in Polk County will run you $100ish a month, Cable, Phone & Internet around $130 a month. You will be required to pay a deposit on ALL of your utilities. These range from $300 to around $1000.

Hope that helps and if you have any more specific questions, feel free to PM me.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Sorry about that. Since your initial post sounded like you weren't sure about the work eligibility, I thought I would try to clear that up for you.

Rene
Thank you. The visa wont be an issue we dont think. Im have an MBA and and a director of a good size organisation. Thank again.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 5:54 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I am intrigued about this scenario. From where I sit , Haines city is in the back of beyond, in the middle of nowhere. Now they are hiring international hotshots with unspecified visa eligibility.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.