Reload this Page >

Moving to OH November

Moving to OH November

Old Sep 18th 2021, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Titch_lite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to OH November

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You will also need to ensure that the town where you choose to live permits ownership of that many dogs -- you may need a kennel license even though they are just personal pets. I moved to a town with a four dog limit -- with five dogs.
Wow i did not know this. Thanks For the heads up. I best look into this.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Titch_lite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You will also need to ensure that the town where you choose to live permits ownership of that many dogs -- you may need a kennel license even though they are just personal pets. I moved to a town with a four dog limit -- with five dogs.
i just search Summit County and i believe i will need a kennel licence. Is it easy to get? You have to meet requirements etc? It says it come with 5 tags. Do you then still have to register eat dog as well, or will kennel certificate suffice ?

Glad you brought this to my attention.

Glad i am not the only one with 5 dogs 🙂
Old Sep 18th 2021, 3:24 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titch_lite
i just search Summit County and i believe i will need a kennel licence. Is it easy to get? You have to meet requirements etc? It says it come with 5 tags. Do you then still have to register eat dog as well, or will kennel certificate suffice ?

Glad you brought this to my attention.

Glad i am not the only one with 5 dogs 🙂
I am in CT, so the requirements will surely be different -- in fact even here, they differ from town to town. If you are already working with a realtor to find a house, you should ask them to advise you of the full requirements. However, all the dogs will need to be up to date on rabies shots, at the least, for licensing purposes. They should also have DHLP, Lyme, and bordetella shots, and be on flea and tick and heartworm medication, for your own peace of mind. So many hazards out there for a pet in this country!