Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to New Zealand after filing I-130 & I-129F for K3

Moving to New Zealand after filing I-130 & I-129F for K3

Old May 21st 2003, 7:12 am
Just Joined

linda94002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to New Zealand after filing I-130 & I-129F for K3

We have got 1st NOA for I-130. My husband mailed out application for I-129F. Since things go tougher in US. He decided to move to New Zealand to get family reunion. So I can join him next month instead of long waiting to US. He is going to sell his property and move all to New Zealand. I am wondering if I will have problem to get K3 or Green Crad later. ANy good advice for us????????????
Old May 21st 2003, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you based in the UK? You will have a problem going to live in NZ - you can't just turn up and want to live there. They have similar rules to the US as far as I am aware. We emigrated through my husband's job in 1985 and of course as were were married I could go over with him. We cam back five years later. But if you aren't married not sure what rules apply. Good luck anyway.
Old May 21st 2003, 9:17 am
Just Joined

linda94002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks for reply

Yes, I was married. We are going to emigrate to NZ as INVESTOR. It shouldn't be a problem for that. I am worrying if it hurts our application to US. as the hourse will be sold out soon. we can forward our mail to another location. Since we ar etogether, we are patient for the long approving time.
Old May 21st 2003, 10:11 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

linda as a NZ'er I dont really follow what you mean when you say you are going to immigrate to NZ as Investors??
Not really sure what you mean by that at all. We have quite strict Immigration procedures too & it isnt as easy as you might think to immigrate here. There is a points system in place if neither of you are NZ Citizens & I dont understand your posting at all.
Cheers
Shepslady