Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to NC/SC

Moving to NC/SC

Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:25 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to NC/SC

Originally Posted by Rushman
Not another bloody ex copper....we've only just driven the last one away.

Hi: DogByte: I live in central SC. A lot of Brits and Germans live in Greenville, SC. There is a big BMW plant there, Michelin, etc. It is between Atlanta and Charlotte. Nice place to live. Charleston, SC in beautiful, old world charm, and near the beaches, also warmer in winter. Cost of housing in SC is generally cheaper than NC. Asheville, is definitely nice, but more expensive. Loads of golf at Myrtle Beach.

BTW 80 deg F today, blue skies, leaves turning. Quite warm for November, but loving it.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from NC!

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Have you checked with the embassy to when your interview is? A few who's files went in Sept have already had their interviews and there are a few who have arrived in London and recieved packet 4 but no interview date and no idea when they are going to get it. Good luck and hope you get to where you want to go.
Dogbyte replying
Thanks for the good wishes,I understand all you said, and yes, no interview date as yet but when it comes, it comes ,you cant rush them. both too long in the tooth to start worrying.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
You said that your wife was a nurse and she was getting a visa.. never said what you do.. not that I know much about visas, I just got the impression that you wouldn't be able to work

BE will keep you amused anyway
Dogbyte replying.
Ah well, you see the idea is, I send the wife to work but as I have been married to her for 31 yrs she gets me a green card aswell as a spouse.She's very understanding !!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte calling
Hi Rushman,
I'm a bit big to be driven away before we even get there but I see that your 'doing bird' How long did you get and I dont think I put you there, did I ? We're actually quite ordinary people really, just did a dangerous job at times,but it was great fun dealing with people !! We just want to be friends.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Dogbyte calling
Hi to everyone in the US. My wife and I are due to come out to the US .................................thier teeth into a job or two etc etc.Speak soon hopefully, Dogbyte
Hello and welcome to BE, an oasis of idiocy lost in a sea of mediocrity.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 1:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And his wife was a nurse ..........
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
And his wife was a nurse ..........
Hmmmm. Suspicious!!!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Dogbyte calling
Hi to everyone in the US. My wife and I are due to come out to the US hopefully Jan 07 as my wife is in the process of acquiring a nursing position either in NC or SC(We dont know where yet) I see from Swampfox that he was a British plod (guess what) so was I. 30 years was enough (GMP).I also play golf,this could lead to a match(Ryder cup style !)Wife also plays as a bonus)As a new boy I will keep this short but its nice to know there a friends out there.No doubt more to come.As you can see from the name I was a Dogman with two great big hairy German Shepards who liked to get thier teeth into a job or two etc etc.Speak soon hopefully, Dogbyte

Hello and welcome.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:04 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

aye, welcome to BE
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:16 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

he's from Stockport so we'll let him off.

Unless he's the copper that give me a whack for pissing behind a skip one Friday night in Bredbury then it's game on.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Manc
he's from Stockport so we'll let him off.

Unless he's the copper that give me a whack for pissing behind a skip one Friday night in Bredbury then it's game on.
Dogbyte replying
Hello Manc, do you mean the one on Georges Road or Harrytown ?There in 78 to 79 then went to Marple in 80 went to the Dogs OR was it in the car park of Bredbury Hall ??
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Dogbyte replying
Hello Manc, do you mean the one on Georges Road or Harrytown ?There in 78 to 79 then went to Marple in 80 went to the Dogs OR was it in the car park of Bredbury Hall ??
I can't remember I was three sheets to the wind mate.
There was a skip I remember that much, so it might have been in Brinny.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Manc
I can't remember I was three sheets to the wind mate.
There was a skip I remember that much, so it might have been in Brinny.
Dogbyte replying
Oh so, it wasn't the one on Boxing Day that when I passed it a man crawled out dishevelled and worse the wear saying " What time is it mate" to which I replied 1145am he replied, Oh great, I'll be home in time for Christmas dinner so the wife wont batter me !!!,Off he went, I didnt have the heart to explain it was BOXING DAY ?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 5:40 pm
@matthewb76

Dogbyte replying
yes we know.......your name is on the left hand side of every post.

nope wasn't me.

Last edited by Manc; Nov 15th 2006 at 5:44 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.