Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Natick, MA and...

Moving to Natick, MA and...

Old Jun 25th 2006, 10:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to Natick, MA and...

...have a bit of a check list...

As finally found a place, and will be moving down there in the next few weeks.

Should have the movers covered, employers will sort the cost and have places they have used.

I've got general quote for insurance for the car and renters, so that should be covered...gotta cancel the car insurance and get a bit of a refund for a few months.

Got to transfer maine drivers license as soon as we move, gotta register the car and get new plates, though i'll put that off for as long as possible as the cars registered till Nov around here...plus i'll miss my cheesy vanity plate.

Got to sort out cable/internet/phone - Comcast are the big ones in town, but will have to see if there's anyone else and the like.

Got to let the post office know.

Gotta change the phone number on the trac phone for one down there.

Fill in the AR-11 and the one for the missus as the sponsor, can't remember the number of the form, but i'm sure I'll find it.

What about letting social security know about address change? I gave the local office a shout when moved here, but don't know if I have to bother this time.

Okay, so what have I forgotten?

Let the landlords here know, well there a letter with the cheque, that's still hanging in the box that they haven't picked up, so that's there fault.

Found a TD Bank North down there near the mall, so that's one less thing to flap around with, and a couple grocery stores.

So what's a good place to go eat and drink at around there?

And what about those Indian restaurants out in Waltham?
Old Jun 25th 2006, 10:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Natick, MA and...

Originally Posted by Bob
...have a bit of a check list...

As finally found a place, and will be moving down there in the next few weeks.

Should have the movers covered, employers will sort the cost and have places they have used.

I've got general quote for insurance for the car and renters, so that should be covered...gotta cancel the car insurance and get a bit of a refund for a few months.

Got to transfer maine drivers license as soon as we move, gotta register the car and get new plates, though i'll put that off for as long as possible as the cars registered till Nov around here...plus i'll miss my cheesy vanity plate.

Got to sort out cable/internet/phone - Comcast are the big ones in town, but will have to see if there's anyone else and the like.

Got to let the post office know.

Gotta change the phone number on the trac phone for one down there.

Fill in the AR-11 and the one for the missus as the sponsor, can't remember the number of the form, but i'm sure I'll find it.

What about letting social security know about address change? I gave the local office a shout when moved here, but don't know if I have to bother this time.

Okay, so what have I forgotten?

Let the landlords here know, well there a letter with the cheque, that's still hanging in the box that they haven't picked up, so that's there fault.

Found a TD Bank North down there near the mall, so that's one less thing to flap around with, and a couple grocery stores.

So what's a good place to go eat and drink at around there?

And what about those Indian restaurants out in Waltham?

As a non US citizen you must inform US Immigration of your change of address within 30 days....this requirement is now being more aggressively enforced.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 25th 2006 at 11:27 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
As a non US citizen you must inform Homeland Security of your change of address within 30 days....this requirement is now being more aggressively enforced.
What happens if you've waiting almost a year?

Btw, congratulations Bob on the upcoming move and job.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
What happens if you've waiting almost a year?

Btw, congratulations Bob on the upcoming move and job.
How do you mean waiting? When you move to a new address you must inform US Immigration within 30 days.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 25th 2006 at 11:28 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

How do you mean waiting? When you move to a new address you must inform Dept of Homeland Security within 30 days.
Well not waiting, just overlooked it- by a matter of a few months. And I didn't know I had to fill out a form when I changed my address as well (as a sponsor)
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well not waiting, just overlooked it- by a matter of a few months. And I didn't know I had to fill out a form when I changed my address as well (as a sponsor)

Oops! I'm sorry I have no idea about sponsors but if you do it would be best to inform US Immigration a.s.a.p.

PS Sorry its US Immigraton not HS, I've edited my previous posts.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 25th 2006 at 11:29 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bob, what form does a sponsor have to fill out?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:19 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I believe you have to phone the unhelpful line and inform them, as well as the AR11 Bob.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

As a non US citizen you must inform US Immigration of your change of address within 30 days....this requirement is now being more aggressively enforced.
err...hence AR-11 and the spouse sponsor form, whatever that one is...must have missed that line...

oh, and it's within 10 days...
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob, what form does a sponsor have to fill out?
Sponsor form..as no one else piped in there *lol*...it's I-865, basically just fill it in again with new address and details...
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I believe you have to phone the unhelpful line and inform them, as well as the AR11 Bob.
naaa..you only have to ring them to double check, if you have anything in the works, but I don't, be a while yet before I apply to get conditions removed, so I should be all set
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:33 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Bob has that covered when he mentioned the AR-11. That's the reference code for the document and I believe immigrants should be informing the USCIS of a change of address in 10 days.

NC Penguin
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
err...hence AR-11 and the spouse sponsor form, whatever that one is...must have missed that line...

oh, and it's within 10 days...
I read the line but had no idea what an AR 11 was.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:39 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
naaa..you only have to ring them to double check, if you have anything in the works, but I don't, be a while yet before I apply to get conditions removed, so I should be all set
That's why I hardly ever post in the Immigration forum. In the words of Sergeant Schultz from 'Hogans Heroes'..." I knowww nurthing"
Old Jun 26th 2006, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

daisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the rough

Bob - I like Natick! Congratulations on not going for Marlborough!!

There are some good places to eat:

Bakery on the Common: can be a bit crazy, but it's in the centre of Natick and they hace amazing choc eclairs.

Mel's Commonwealth Cafe: on Route 30, fab breakfasts and a hugh queue on Sundays if you get there after 9.30am.

Gourmet Decisions: side street up the side of the library (can't remember name right now). This is new and the brunch I had there this morning was excellent: it has all the atmosphere of a crappy garden centre cafe, though

Nicholas Restaurant is Greek food and is OK - but whatever you do stay away from Agostino's - very crap.

There is an Indian Restaurant in the Plaza opposite the mall: it's not good, not bad and will do in a curry craving pinch.

In the same Plaza there is a fab diner called Joan and Ed's: it's run by a family and is all huge sandwiches, pickles and pies the size of dustbin lids.

Just accross the border in Wayland, there is an excellent Thai place called Morn's.

When do you move to Natick and whereabouts will you be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.