Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

moving money to wells fargo

moving money to wells fargo

Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Default moving money to wells fargo

Hi all,

Im not moving to USA as have never been able to get a VISA so off to OZ in stead but i would like to ask you a question - i had been using ozforex to buy dollars for my US account (if i ever managed to get that visa), normally about $3000 a time, just noticed that on the way from ozforex to wells fargo the amount has $25 deducted from it due to the transfer going through an intermediary bank

Can anyone suggest a good way of transfering GBP to a wells fargo account that doesnt have charges from intemediary banks

Thanks

Robert
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:22 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving money to wells fargo

xe is good. i telephone bank my pounds to them for free. I chose to receive it in a wire at this end so it cost me 10 quid but there are other free ways (takes a bit longer)
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:32 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
xe is good. i telephone bank my pounds to them for free. I chose to receive it in a wire at this end so it cost me 10 quid but there are other free ways (takes a bit longer)
I transfer my money electronically (via XE) and I don't think it takes longer than by wire.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:23 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
Hi all,

Im not moving to USA as have never been able to get a VISA so off to OZ in stead but i would like to ask you a question - i had been using ozforex to buy dollars for my US account (if i ever managed to get that visa), normally about $3000 a time, just noticed that on the way from ozforex to wells fargo the amount has $25 deducted from it due to the transfer going through an intermediary bank

Can anyone suggest a good way of transfering GBP to a wells fargo account that doesnt have charges from intemediary banks

Thanks

Robert
All Wells Fargo checking accounts charge for incoming electronic transfer, so my branch told me.

I know MoneyCorp have an arrangement whereby they transfer money to any bank and they guarantee there are no charges at the receiving end. I use them to transfer my monthly pension to a Wells Fargo account and on the odd occasion when Wells Fargo have applied the wire charge it has had to be refunded. If there are US charges which the bank will not refund MoneyCorp will refund themselves. http://www.moneycorp.com/personal/ see bank receipt charges eliminated.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

ian1976 will become famous soon enoughian1976 will become famous soon enough

I use UKforex.co.uk for sums around 10k GBP, even with the wire transfer fee of around $35 it still gives me an extra few hundred dollars vs. XE rates