British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Moving to Miami help plz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/moving-miami-help-plz-771174/)

annabellesmummy2012 Sep 10th 2012 6:10 pm

Moving to Miami help plz

Hi i would like to move to America (Miami) with my fiance and my baby daughter. I currently live in the uk. How would I go about relocating with them both and does anybody know how I would go about finding a job before I move there(I've heard of people getting jobs that include a house) where abouts would I look for jobs like that?
Thanks
Amy

fatbrit Sep 10th 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Moving to Miami help plz

Got to be a wind up.

JSL8610 Sep 10th 2012 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit (Post 10273710)
Got to be a wind up.

You should know better than that by now.

DavidLemon Sep 10th 2012 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by annabellesmummy2012 (Post 10273706)
Hi i would like to move to America (Miami) with my fiance and my baby daughter. I currently live in the uk. How would I go about relocating with them both and does anybody know how I would go about finding a job before I move there(I've heard of people getting jobs that include a house) where abouts would I look for jobs like that?
Thanks
Amy

Lmfao

JSL8610 Sep 10th 2012 6:32 pm

In the interests of trying to be helpful, have you read this and this? Reading those will help you identify if there's a possible route for you to move to the US. I don't suppose your fiance is a US citizen?

annabellesmummy2012 Sep 10th 2012 6:32 pm

I'm only asking as I know of people who have got jobs and they have had accommodation included. I just want some serious answers as I really want to find out more about moving to Miami with my fiancé and daughter and how and where I would need to look for a job before I move there

Noorah101 Sep 10th 2012 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by annabellesmummy2012 (Post 10273736)
I'm only asking as I know of people who have got jobs and they have had accommodation included. I just want some serious answers as I really want to find out more about moving to Miami with my fiancé and daughter and how and where I would need to look for a job before I move there

Is your fiance a US Citizen?

What kind of job are you looking for that includes accommodation? The only ones I can think of are live-in nanny, which I'm sure you don't want to do, having a husband (fiance) and child of your own...or apartment complex manager, which does not have a path to a work visa.

If you tell us your qualifications, perhaps we can help you further. What's your education and your work experience? What does your fiance do for work, maybe he'll qualify for a work visa? You'd have to be married in order for him to gain any immigration benefit from you, if you do happen to get a work type visa.

Rene

GeoffM Sep 10th 2012 6:39 pm

The links that JSL8610 posted contain information to give a rough determination of whether you'd even be eligible to move to the US. Frankly most people aren't - otherwise the US would be overrun with immigrants. Have a look through the links, see whether any visas look like they might be possible, then come back with more information about how YOU might be eligible for said visa(s). Good luck.

annabellesmummy2012 Sep 10th 2012 6:43 pm

Hi I have a qualification in administration and experience in admin and customer service. I am also currently doing a college course in beauty therapy. My fiancé works in child care he works in a nursery as a senior child care assistant.

SanDiegogirl Sep 10th 2012 6:43 pm

Nannies, au pairs, housekeepers to multi millionaires, executive assistants to moguls, property managers sometimes get accommodation thrown in - but you won't get a work visa for these types of jobs so no-go there.

Why don't you ask these people you know what these jobs are and how they got them? ...... and let us know so we can extend our knowledge base.

SanDiegogirl Sep 10th 2012 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by annabellesmummy2012 (Post 10273752)
Hi I have a qualification in administration and experience in admin and customer service. I am also currently doing a college course in beauty therapy. My fiancé works in child care he works in a nursery as a senior child care assistant.

Sorry, your qualifications and experience don't warrant a US employer going to the time, effort and costs of sponsoring you for a work visa.

Noorah101 Sep 10th 2012 6:46 pm

I'm only asking as I know of people who have got jobs and they have had accommodation included.

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 10273753)
Why don't you ask these people you know what these jobs are and how they got them? ...... and let us know so we can extend our knowledge base.

I was going to say the same thing. Ask those people what jobs and what visas they got, and follow in their footsteps if you can.

Rene

fatbrit Sep 10th 2012 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by annabellesmummy2012 (Post 10273752)

You've written nothing that would indicate you would have any realistic opportunity to live and work permanently in the USA. For a temporary job, you could look at H2a or H2b. For the former, you'll be working like a dog in a field from sun-up to sun-down and living in a dormitory with a dozen other people. H2b is similar but you'll get to clean hotel rooms or similar. Neither are recommended.

ian-mstm Sep 10th 2012 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by annabellesmummy2012 (Post 10273706)
Hi i would like to move to America (Miami) with my fiance and my baby daughter.

Unless your fiance is a US citizen, it isn't going to happen... and your education and experience are all but useless with respect to you getting a visa independently.

This isn't going to happen. Sorry... just being honest and realistic.

Ian

sir_eccles Sep 10th 2012 10:35 pm

I'm just curious why you picked Miami.

annabellesmummy2012 Sep 10th 2012 10:38 pm

Have always loved Miami but guess it isn't gonna happen.

Rete Sep 10th 2012 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 10274029)

Maybe she is fluent in Spanish?

fatbrit Sep 10th 2012 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 10274029)

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...Miami_Vice.jpg

RICH Sep 11th 2012 12:35 am

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 10273753)

I would love to know this too.

civilservant Sep 11th 2012 11:39 am

Originally Posted by annabellesmummy2012 (Post 10274032)
Have always loved Miami but guess it isn't gonna happen.

That's the most intelligent thing you've said thus far! :thumbsup:

It dosen't have to be unacheiveable, it's just unacheivable in the short term. If you wanted to make the move perhaps you could draw up a 10 year plan to get yourself some educaiton, work for a multi-national comapny and get transferred..... it's not impossible, but will take some planning.