Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving from MI to CA, a question...

Moving from MI to CA, a question...

Old Apr 21st 2011, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Fatmike85 will become famous soon enoughFatmike85 will become famous soon enough
Default Moving from MI to CA, a question...

I am currently on the 2 year greencard after marrying a USC. I know that once we move state I need to inform the USCIS of my change of address but does my wife need to update any information as she is my sponsor?
Old Apr 21st 2011, 5:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from MI to CA, a question...

Originally Posted by Fatmike85
I am currently on the 2 year greencard after marrying a USC. I know that once we move state I need to inform the USCIS of my change of address but does my wife need to update any information as she is my sponsor?
Yes. You will need to do an AR-11 online, and she will need to do an I-865 via regular mail.

Rene
Old Apr 21st 2011, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Fatmike85 will become famous soon enoughFatmike85 will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much! Very quick reply.
Old May 25th 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think the AR-11 works online. It has required fields that must be completed and other optional or N/A fields. It will not allow me to complete the form without filling in the optional or N/A fields.

E.g. It keeps pulling me back from not giving an answer to "If not a Permanent Resident, my stay in the US expires on (month/day/year) is"

It will not accept being left blank or writing N/A even though I have selected permanent resident at the top of the form.

I will be filling this form in and sending it by mail to avoid any errors or problems down the line. It's a bit of a pain.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Fatmike85, sometimes these sort of issues are browser related. You might try an alternative and see if it works then.

Or, go old school like you say, and mail it in.