Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Lakewood Ranch Fl

Moving to Lakewood Ranch Fl

Old Feb 10th 2011, 10:27 am
Just Joined

wilma12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Lakewood Ranch Fl

Hi there we are moving to Lakewood Ranch and are looking to buy a home at the moment, we are going back out there in March. There are so many different village to chose from. Can anyone help and give me their views on the best family ones? We have 3 children. Any advise would be great. And also the best schools I know they all seem to be quite good but has anyone had experience of them?

Thank you
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:04 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Lakewood Ranch Fl

Hi wilma12,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community. If you get stuck on any of the site's bells and whilstles please don't hesitate to give myself, a Moderator or a Concierge a shout. Or you can post questions anytime in our Site Feedback forum.

In the meantime I don't know anything about the area you are moving to, but here is a recent thread on the subject that you may find useful.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilma12
Hi there we are moving to Lakewood Ranch and are looking to buy a home at the moment, we are going back out there in March. There are so many different village to chose from. Can anyone help and give me their views on the best family ones? We have 3 children. Any advise would be great. And also the best schools I know they all seem to be quite good but has anyone had experience of them?

Thank you
Hi...welcome to the site.

Rather than jump straight in and buy a property I would rent for a while first. We lived in a rental for 2 years when we first moved over here. So glad we did because we would never have bought a house in the area we did.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

FL, worth a search, quite a few threads of general interest, and possibly of that specific area too.

city-data.com is a good place to get info on specific areas, though I wouldn't buy a place straight off, far more expensive and more hassle off loading it if it turns out to be scary etc.

Also you don't have a budget and kids age range which probably makes it harder for people to give recommendations.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi there how long have you been over there? We looked in to renting somewhere first, but we are in rented at the moment as we have sold our house ready for the move. We are really wanting to just have our own home again now!

Our children are 13, 5 and 18m. I want to be near the schools and somewhere that has lot's of families, I know Lakewood Ranch is full of them but I wasn't sure if some were better than others? Also does anyone know the schools there, the best ones etc?

Thanks again.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What visa are you using to live and work in the US? Have you got it all sorted out?

city-data.com is the best way to find out info on a development.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi...welcome to the site.

Rather than jump straight in and buy a property I would rent for a while first. We lived in a rental for 2 years when we first moved over here. So glad we did because we would never have bought a house in the area we did.
We've moved to the US 10 years ago and then within the US 3 years ago and rented in both places first and SO glad we did. Moving to the US was more of a culture shock than I was expecting and, although we didn't feel really settled until we bought, the rental period gave us that extra breathing time to get used to our surroundings.
There are so many properties on the market I'd highly recommend shopping around a lot before you buy
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all

Thank you
Hi,

We moved (wife and 2 kids age 6&4) to Lakewood Ranch from the UK in August last year. I will send you a private message.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, I have just tried to view my message and it won't let me it says

The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I have just tried to view my message and it won't let me it says

The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts.
To be able to send or receive Private Messages you have to have made 3 posts.

You are now good to go.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Ah thanks for that.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Richmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to Lakewood Ranch Fl

Hi,
We emigrated out to Lakewood ranch in September 2010 from near Leeds in West Yorkshire and have lived in Lakewood ranch and also River Club which is where we are today and we as a family tend to like River Club better than inside Lakewood ranch itself.

Lots of kids in the Greenbrook area. We are in south River Club so very near to main street and only 10 mins from lakewood Ranch high.

Last edited by Richmark; Jun 14th 2011 at 3:09 pm. Reason: Correct spelling
Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Richmark
Hi,
We emigrated out to Lakewood ranch in September 2010 from near Leeds in West Yorkshire and have lived in Lakewood ranch and also River Club which is where we are today and we as a family tend to like River Club better than inside Lakewood ranch itself.

Lots of kids in the Greenbrook area. We are in south River Club so very near to main street and only 10 mins from lakewood Ranch high.

Hello and welcome to BE.

Could you please remove your email address? Thank you.

BE Site Rules: 5. Personal Information

Think before you post or speak: Do you really want to put your address or telephone number on a public discussion forum? We encourage you to keep personal information private. Similarly, do not ask for personal information from others. Anyone posting another members personal details without permission will have their posting privileges removed.

Last edited by meauxna; Jun 14th 2011 at 3:43 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Richmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Moving to Lakewood Ranch Fl

Sorry - email now removed.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Richmark
Sorry - email now removed.
Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.