Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving from France (Dordogne) to US (Dallas TX)

Moving from France (Dordogne) to US (Dallas TX)

Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

expat124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Moving from France (Dordogne) to US (Dallas TX)

Having had a bad experience with moving company from Dallas to FR, looking for recommendation for a moving company from the Dordogne area of France back to US.

Any recommendations?
Old Jan 26th 2014, 12:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from France (Dordogne) to US (Dallas TX)

Try the France forum. I don't recall ever hearing about someone relocate from France to the US on the USA forum.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

thank you, I'll do that!
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:29 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

We moved from Toulouse to Austin in September and used Grospiron. Main offices are in Paris but they have regional reps. The Toulouse guy spoke goodish english and was very helpful The packing team were good too. Took a while to arrive in Austin though, 8 weeks.

I didn't see the final bill but knowing OH's company it was probably the cheapest they could find!
Old Jan 31st 2014, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Thank you. we will contact them...we have good french so may make that part easier. I had similar experience with time to ship another time. Guess they take the scenic route! appreciate the tip!
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 12:51 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think 8 weeks is that bad, considering it going into a container and then on a boat.