Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Florida Can you Help ?

Moving to Florida Can you Help ?

Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Florida Can you Help ?

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You might talk to Ray about a job...
I'm little ways away from finishing registered nursing so I'm fine there
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:36 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
I'm little ways away from finishing registered nursing so I'm fine there
He might need you by then!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
He might need you by then!
Hahaha don't know if I should be honored or not
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

LillyB will become famous soon enoughLillyB will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jsmith007
Hi , Can you please help us,

We are looking to Move to Florida from The UK, what are the best areas of Florida to live in ?

We are looking for Low crime, Lots to do for children, and also a busy place not the quite country life, we are not bothered about the heat as we love the Sun, but also good for families so we can have a nice way of living and Bbq etc.

We are looking for a good school, we have 1 little girl 2.5 years old a we do plan to have more,

Having Looked at several sites, i have seen good things about Tampa Bay ? Also Orlando ?

Check out all the help forums on this website you will find as I did that there is no easy way to live in Florida, you need a visa and the options are mind blowing unless you have a great deal of money to invest we already ahve out own business, but employment is worse than in Uk, you will need a minimum of possibly $500,000 dollars and even then it's not palin sailing listen to what the more experienced members tell you and don't think they are putting you off or being nasty it just the fact of life of how moving to USA is.
Does anyone have any other ideas ? Or can you add to this ?

Also we are looking to start our own business in order to Get a Green Card, again any advise on this would be great,

Thanks In Advance

John
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:10 am
Just Joined

ukman2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

the guy need some advice, not humor
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

LillyB will become famous soon enoughLillyB will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ukman2007
I gave them some, I was in the same frame of mind 12 months ago, in rose coloured glasses, it's not until people tell you the situation straight so they are under no illusions as I was......people have no understanding neither did I of the complexities involved in wanting to move to the USA.

It's not just a case of lets pack up and move, I only wish it were I would love to work and live over there.

Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

and are you any nearer to moving then Lilly?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukman2007
Don't scold.. the guy never came back for four days.

How's your project going?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't scold.. the guy never came back for four days.
maybe he was busy. lol
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LillyB
I gave them some, I was in the same frame of mind 12 months ago, in rose coloured glasses, it's not until people tell you the situation straight so they are under no illusions as I was......people have no understanding neither did I of the complexities involved in wanting to move to the USA.

It's not just a case of lets pack up and move, I only wish it were I would love to work and live over there.

Said it in a previous post, I think many Brits have the impression that they can move here as easy as they can move to Spain
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
and are you any nearer to moving then Lilly?
She's one of the few who listened to the advice on here. Smart lady
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

yoty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jsmith007
Hi , Can you please help us,

We are looking to Move to Florida from The UK, what are the best areas of Florida to live in ?

We are looking for Low crime, Lots to do for children, and also a busy place not the quite country life, we are not bothered about the heat as we love the Sun, but also good for families so we can have a nice way of living and Bbq etc.

We are looking for a good school, we have 1 little girl 2.5 years old a we do plan to have more,

Having Looked at several sites, i have seen good things about Tampa Bay ? Also Orlando ?

Does anyone have any other ideas ? Or can you add to this ?

Also we are looking to start our own business in order to Get a Green Card, again any advise on this would be great,

Thanks In Advance

John
Hi,
I can understand why you want to move to Florida, its a great place to livr. I have lived there on and off for about 30 years. My kids went to school and college there and all 3 of them got married there. Yes, there is crime there, but you tell me somewhere in the world that there isn't any! I have lived in Orlando, the east coast, Tampa Bay area and the Gulf Coast. Of them all I would reccommend the Gulf Coast. You don't have the big city and ghetto problems of Miami, Orlando etc but you still have big city amenities and plenty to do. Its not as hard to move over there as you think once you get started. What is your occupation or skills for a business? If you have any questions you would like to ask, feel free to email me at <snip> and Good Luck! You won't regret it!

Last edited by Sue; Jan 17th 2010 at 1:47 am. Reason: email address removed. Please do not share personal info like email address on a public forum