Reload this Page >

moving to fl. need help with cable and soccer

moving to fl. need help with cable and soccer

Old Aug 21st 2005, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

stepowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to fl. need help with cable and soccer

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
The service you were referring to - visiting people's homes to fix PCs - is called 'The Geek Squad' and they drive VW Beetles; although they probably aren't the only ones.
haha I thought he was taking the p1ss, thanks but its called rescuecom I have just found out. Cricketers arms I went to in may when we went out there to buy a place. Its the paying per game that puts me off, if i have to pay I would rather do it for my own home
Old Aug 21st 2005, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepowell
haha I thought he was taking the p1ss, thanks but its called rescuecom I have just found out. Cricketers arms I went to in may when we went out there to buy a place. Its the paying per game that puts me off, if i have to pay I would rather do it for my own home
Is that a franchise? Geek Squad is now part of Best Buy and their standards are pretty mixed - think PCWorld.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

SunnyDave is on a distinguished road

Hardly the same atmosphere watching the game at home, the big games are fantastic there and watching the Liverpool v Milan Champions League Cup Final there (especially as a Liverpool supporter) was incredible especially after several pints of Stella & you get a great curry in the food hall at the Mercado (same complex as the Cricketers) if you tell the guy you're not a tourist !! But if you wonna be a hermit footy fan .... well, it's your choice but I was just giving you an option. Bear in mind that some of the games are on PPV on Cable at $20 a game but $10 to watch it at the pub. Just for a bit of info, the PPV games cost the Cricketers $1000 a game to screen, hence the charge.

Dave
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

$10 does seem cheap now. I didnt think they showed live saturday matches though. When I was there they just seemed to show the live sky matches
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Kentucky Mancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

football not soccer anyway im moving from the UK does anyone have any idea of cable providers in orlando ? Interested to know what my optiions are for getting my english football fix

cheers guys

ste
Direct tV satelite company are best ....then subscribe to FOX sports soccer channel ($12) and now also SETANTA channel($11.99) channels 613 and 614 ....some games are PPV on other channels... i watch MANU live games some again PPV $15 ...but most are free there are also some live weekday games and now on Setanta they show some rugby etc ..there is always some game on live or recorded... the full bill without any PPV's is normally about $50
setanta are now showing "Championship league games live also" and more ....get the TIVO recorder with your package then you can record one and watch the other games...there is generally a game live at 7-30am saturday and midday saturday and some sunday games on....hope this helps
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: moving to fl. need help with cable and soccer

sounds good to me, thanks , now I have given my season ticket up at the theatre of dreams I need my fix. Although how many champions league ganmes we get I dont know
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Kentucky Mancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good to me, thanks , now I have given my season ticket up at the theatre of dreams I need my fix. Although how many champions league ganmes we get I dont know
Hi,

European games sorry forgot them ....ESPN2 show them sometimes on tuesdays wednesdays and some odd thursdays ....they can also be seen on FOX and now Setanta ..last season they were never PPV but it seems Setanta have got the nod for european games this year ...all England games this month are all PPV buggers......