Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

moving to fl. need help with cable and soccer

moving to fl. need help with cable and soccer

Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

stepowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to fl. need help with cable and soccer

football not soccer anyway im moving from the UK does anyone have any idea of cable providers in orlando ? Interested to know what my optiions are for getting my english football fix

cheers guys

ste
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:23 pm
ImHere

Default Re: moving to fl. need help with cable and soccer

Originally Posted by stepowell
football not soccer anyway im moving from the UK does anyone have any idea of cable providers in orlando ? Interested to know what my optiions are for getting my english football fix

cheers guys

ste

Comcast probably. Get a bit of footy on occasionally.

Good luck with the pool cleaning business or vacation rentals.

Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

"Good luck with the pool cleaning business or vacation rentals."

Huh ?
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:23 pm
ImHere

"Good luck with the pool cleaning business or vacation rentals."

Huh ?
Sorry, its just that virtually all brits who are moving to Orlando have been wowed by the bright lights and sunny smiles they were met with during a holoiday there and they really just absolutely have to live there as its simply the best place on earth. And the only way they can is to buy into a pool cleaning or vacation rentals business. I take it you are not in this particular fraternity then.

Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Sorry, its just that virtually all brits who are moving to Orlando have been wowed by the bright lights and sunny smiles they were met with during a holoiday there and they really just absolutely have to live there as its simply the best place on earth. And the only way they can is to buy into a pool cleaning or vacation rentals business. I take it you are not in this particular fraternity then.
Oh be nice, you're so cynical!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 11:52 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Oh be nice, you're so cynical!
And yet so accurate.

Old Aug 20th 2005, 12:13 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

cheers guys

ste
we have Direct TV with the Premiership package.

Costs somehting like $299 a year , but we were able to negotiate a discount...
Old Aug 20th 2005, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

cynical your right, my wife is american so we are moving back to the states, bought a condo in metrowest not decided on a job yet, im a it hardware enginner and have heard about a company who send you to sites to repair i.t equipment
Old Aug 20th 2005, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

300 a year isnt bad, i pay £360 a year for sky, will look that up. Does it give you live saturaday matches from foreign tv ?
Old Aug 20th 2005, 2:31 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

See if you can get a cable package that includes Fox Soccer Channel. It comes as part of the basic package in this area.

And this website is useful:

http://www.soccertv.com/england.cfm
Old Aug 20th 2005, 3:14 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

300 a year isnt bad, i pay £360 a year for sky, will look that up. Does it give you live saturaday matches from foreign tv ?
That's $300 a year on top of your Directv subscription (any where from $41.99 to £93.99 a month). A bit pointless when you 3-5 live games a week on Fox Soccer, plus a few games on pay per view for $20 each if you get really desparate.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

cynical your right, my wife is american so we are moving back to the states, bought a condo in metrowest not decided on a job yet, im a it hardware enginner and have heard about a company who send you to sites to repair i.t equipment
The Geek Squad - mmm that's a nice Beetle.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

wow, tought crowd.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

wow, tought crowd.
The service you were referring to - visiting people's homes to fix PCs - is called 'The Geek Squad' and they drive VW Beetles; although they probably aren't the only ones.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Aug 21st 2005 at 2:01 am.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:20 am
Just Joined

SunnyDave is on a distinguished road

Another option is to go to the Cricketers Arms on I-Drive and watch the match live with a bacon butty or sausage sarnie, a pint of beer & 150-250 footy fans, regulars & tourists. Helps me with my Footy withdrawls !! generally $10 per game

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.