Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to a different state

Moving to a different state

Old Jul 5th 2005, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future
Default Moving to a different state

Hi All

My wife and I decided to move to Texas 20 days before filing I-751 . we currently living in illinois . my question, Does this moving could delay our I-751 approval As we have all the proves for the marriage on the old address in Illinois ? by the time of filing we will have only one proof which is an apartment lease on both names from Texas.`

Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

jemavalon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to a different state

Originally Posted by ramNagab
Hi All

My wife and I decided to move to Texas 20 days before filing I-751 . we currently living in illinois . my question, Does this moving could delay our I-751 approval As we have all the proves for the marriage on the old address in Illinois ? by the time of filing we will have only one proof which is an apartment lease on both names from Texas.`

Thanks
You should not have any additional problems because of the move: just include in your I-751 package the information from the old place of residence (e.g., lease, utility bills, etc.), from the new place of residence (e.g., lease with both names, as you said), as well as other evidence that has no direct connection to where you live (e.g., joint financial statements, joint credit cards, insurance showing beneficiaries, photos, etc.). You are planning to send I-751 once you are already in Texas, right? We moved several times before we filed I-751 (even had a move while it was pending) and our I-751 was approved "on schedule". In the cover letter we listed all the addresses that we had since we got married, and included copies of all the leases in the package, showing that we lived together the entire time.

Don't forget that you should file AR-11 Change of address form. Also if your wife sponsored you she should file Change of address as a I-864 sponsor (form I-865)

Good luck,

Julia