Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving companies for England to NYC?

Moving companies for England to NYC?

Old May 11th 2008, 8:18 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving companies for England to NYC?

I'll second Pickfords we used them and they were very good. We were offered the hide the booze trick but fortunatley didn't as our container got pulled for customs inspection. They used Allied at the US end to do the clearance and deliver and they were even better than the Pickford guyts whop packed everything. The container arrived a week earlier than Pickfords estimated which considering the ship docked in LA on Christmas Day was quite good. We expected a delay over the holdiay period/
Old May 12th 2008, 7:18 am
Banned

andrew4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
I'll second Pickfords we used them and they were very good. We were offered the hide the booze trick but fortunatley didn't as our container got pulled for customs inspection. They used Allied at the US end to do the clearance and deliver and they were even better than the Pickford guyts whop packed everything. The container arrived a week earlier than Pickfords estimated which considering the ship docked in LA on Christmas Day was quite good. We expected a delay over the holdiay period/
Doree Bonner are another company worth a try to the USA. www.emigratingoverseas.com
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Back2TheUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anthony919
Euro USA, are a truly shambolic, corrupt, nasty and unbelievably amateur "company". They are not professional movers but they have spent a lot of money on glossy brochures to convince you that they are, instead of investing in a proper business with decent people at the helm, which they have not.

I would rather row over the Atlantic myself with my stuff (now all damaged) than give them a single roll of toilet paper to ship.

If you value any of your possessions, don't use this bunch of idiots. If you do, only god can help you at the other end.
A little late, but I'd like to second the above views, following a move last November from the UK to the US. EuroUSA lost part of our shipment (garden chairs that matched other items) and we've subsequently realised that other irreplaceable stuff was also not received. A number of other items were damaged, due to the inept packers in the UK. For example, they wrapped cheap crockery in six or seven layers of paper, expensive bone china in a single layer and dumped a box of tools (including a hammer) on top of the china. We received all the pieces of china literally in pieces.

There were also long delays in getting our stuff delivered once it had arrived in the US. Communications with EuroUSA in Charleston were extremely difficult - the office staff were very unhelpful and we lost count of the number of callbacks that were promised and never happened. I emailed the general manager eventually, who put a rocket up the delivery manager, apparently being concerned that I would be "bad mouthing [them] around town". There's one thing that they got right!

I had used EuroUSA previously to move from the US to the UK in 2002 and was happy enough to use them again and to recommend them to someone else to move back from the UK to Charleston, SC (where EuroUSA are based).

I deeply regret a) using EuroUSA for a second time and b) recommending them. Sorry, guys - you know who you are!!