Reload this Page >

Moving Children!

Moving Children!

Old Oct 17th 2019, 9:32 am
Just Joined

nearlyinusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Children!

Hi All,

My wife, daughter and I are moving to Delaware on 29th December. My daughter will turn 3, two weeks after we arrive.

We are moving in with my wife's parents, my daughter has been to their house 3 times, but not since August 2018 so not sure what she remembers. She will be leaving a nursery she has been at since she was 9 months old, so just a bit worried about how she will adjust to her move. Has anybody got any experience of moving 3 year olds and do you have any advice for helping her to adjust?

Thanks
nearlyinusa
Old Oct 18th 2019, 1:00 am
Just Joined

Heljpvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving Children!

Hi!

Myself and my husband moved our daughter when she was 2 1/2 from the UK to South Carolina earlier this year. We talked about the move loads before we went and made everything very exciting e.g. big plane, new parks, how fun it will be to speak to family via video. She was in a nursery from 10 months to 2 years and we stopped so she could adjust to being me with all the time. I was worried she would hate it and get bored, but she loved it and we found a good routine. She has actually adjusted so much better than us, and was just excited to do new fun things in a different location.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

nearlyinusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for writing back. We've been talking to her a lot about moving and living with her her grandparents after Christmas. She's more excited about going on the plane more than anything else. It's really reassuring to learn that your daughter adjusted so well. Putting her in a new nursery is our biggest concern but she'll settle in pretty quickly I'm sure.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Heljpvy is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter is now at a preschool here and she loves it, I think having that previous experience of being in a nursery helps. I'm sure talking about an exciting new nursery will help with the transition.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 5:40 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Our son was 2 1/2 when we moved here.
No issues, try not to over think it. They adjust fine.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 8:35 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

We moved our then 3-year-old to Asia. It's really not a big deal. In a few months they won't remember anything but their new home.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably best time for them to move.
Old Oct 26th 2019, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as she can be with mum and dad then the rest will fall in place. Kids tend to adjust a lot better and quicker than most adults!