British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Moving to Chicago (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/moving-chicago-728474/)

Scouse Express Aug 26th 2011 2:34 am

Re: Moving to Chicago
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfDeo_vXoI&NR=1

Here's a look at the last Blizzard to hit Chicago.


Jim.

hockeysarah Aug 26th 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Moving to Chicago
 
Im moving to Chicago on Thursday!! Finally get to be with my husband! Not overly excited about the prospect of winter though! Ive been in Chicago every month of the year except jan/feb/march with good reason!
Got our tickets for a few blackhawk games this year, cant wait to actually see a whole season this year! :thumbsup:

keira-2007 Aug 26th 2011 10:41 pm

Re: Moving to Chicago
 

Originally Posted by hockeysarah (Post 9583416)
Im moving to Chicago on Thursday!! Finally get to be with my husband! Not overly excited about the prospect of winter though! Ive been in Chicago every month of the year except jan/feb/march with good reason!
Got our tickets for a few blackhawk games this year, cant wait to actually see a whole season this year! :thumbsup:

You'll be fine. Just wrap up warm and don't spend too much unnecessary time outdoors.. not like us. We went to see the Bears against the Patriots at Soldierfield on one of the most bitterly cold, snowy days in December. We quite literally lost all feelings in our hands and feet. I just couldn't wait for the game to end. Sad, really.

Never actually made it to see the hawks. I did see the Bulls a few times and they were excellent.

Ah, i shall miss those teams. Not sure there is all that much to route for here in Louisville. The Cardinals, I believe. Don't even know what sport they play, but it's probably baseball... and I HATE baseball. :thumbdown:

another bloody yank Aug 27th 2011 3:42 am

Re: Moving to Chicago
 

Originally Posted by keira-2007 (Post 9584018)
You'll be fine. Just wrap up warm and don't spend too much unnecessary time outdoors.. not like us. We went to see the Bears against the Patriots at Soldierfield on one of the most bitterly cold, snowy days in December. We quite literally lost all feelings in our hands and feet. I just couldn't wait for the game to end. Sad, really.

Never actually made it to see the hawks. I did see the Bulls a few times and they were excellent.

Ah, i shall miss those teams. Not sure there is all that much to route for here in Louisville. The Cardinals, I believe. Don't even know what sport they play, but it's probably baseball... and I HATE baseball. :thumbdown:

It's all basketball here. College basketball. You either support UK (University of Kentucky) or U of L (University of Louisville) UK is blue and U of L is red (Cardinals).

There's a minor league baseball team as well. Closest Pro sports are Indy or Cinci. Maybe Nashville.

Scouse Express Aug 30th 2011 3:02 pm

Re: Moving to Chicago
 

Originally Posted by hockeysarah (Post 9583416)
Im moving to Chicago on Thursday!! Finally get to be with my husband! Not overly excited about the prospect of winter though! Ive been in Chicago every month of the year except jan/feb/march with good reason!
Got our tickets for a few blackhawk games this year, cant wait to actually see a whole season this year! :thumbsup:

If you have some property to take care of, sidewalks or driveways etc., buy a decent snowblower when they go on sale. Otherwise, they sell out rather quickly when the defacation hits the rotary oscillator, weatherwise.

Jim

hockeysarah Aug 30th 2011 5:31 pm

Re: Moving to Chicago
 

Originally Posted by Scouse Express (Post 9590287)
If you have some property to take care of, sidewalks or driveways etc., buy a decent snowblower when they go on sale. Otherwise, they sell out rather quickly when the defacation hits the rotary oscillator, weatherwise.

Jim

My husband has two snowblowers! He usually does the whole blocks driveways for some extra cash! So all sorted on that front!;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:33 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.