Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to central Florida - advice please!

Moving to central Florida - advice please!

Old May 20th 2018, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

R1chn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to central Florida - advice please!

We move to central Florida in 8 weeks and are looking for a 12 month rental property that isn’t with vacation rentals.

Want a young professionals community with all the mod cons with a great location for shops and restaurants etc. Ideally it’ll be gated
. Needs to be not far from Davenport/four corners.

Any any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 20th 2018, 10:40 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to central Florida - advice please!

So you got the L-1 visa and you got married?

Moving to Orlando FL Help!

Central Florida and not touristy don't always go hand in hand but I've referenced your thread from 2.5 years ago where some neighborhoods were recommended/advised against.

A lot will depend on how much you have to spend and where you will be working (a wonderful house is not much use if the commute is going to be 2 hours each way).
Old May 21st 2018, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R1chn

Want a young professionals community with all the mod cons with a great location for shops and restaurants etc. Ideally it’ll be gated
. Needs to be not far from Davenport/four corners.

Any any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Young professionals ​​​community? You'll be lucky in that immediate area! My stepdaughter lived just South of Davenport in Haines City for a short while, let's just say that it wasn't my cup of tea, or hers (and she was raised in Myakka City, a place that has a Dollar General, a fire station and nothing else for twenty miles, Davenport does have a few more outlets)!
The twenty miles between the two 'cities' you mentioned are separated by the I4, Four Corners I haven't been to but considering that it's the nearest community to Disney it's probably got it's fair share of young bouncy Disney slaves unless you meant Four Corners business Park in (the village of) Davenport?
Orlando is just up the road and a bit more buzzing but the traffic in that whole area is hectic thanks to the fact that almost everybody there is visiting Mouseworld and doesn't know the area.
Sorry, that's not a lot of help.

Edit: Just to be clear, America has a misleading tendency to use the term ''city" for any place that has more than one dog.

Last edited by zzrmark; May 21st 2018 at 12:27 am.
Old May 21st 2018, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Floridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond repute

I'm living in the area you've mentioned (Davenport,Four Corners US 27 corridor) for the past 15 years so think i have decent knowledge as to what you're looking for. The area has changed tremendously in that time with all the new housing and commercial building. I've noticed a change in the older sub- divisions away from short term vacation rentals to either live in owners or long term rental. Huge influx in the Hispanic community especially since the damage from the hurricane in Puerto Rico. Three gated communities along US27 that does rentals are Solana, Tuscan Hills and Highgrove (which would be my choice of these) and has a British/Irish style Pub/restaurant just outside the gated entrance. As zzrmark mentions' the traffic is hectic' and getting much worse in this area. Anyway if you need more help such as checking out a property/neighbourhood locally feel free to p.m me and i'll do my best to help out. Good luck
Old May 21st 2018, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

vindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nice

Hey. Just got my L1-A and moving to Orlando in a couple of weeks. We have opted for an apartment complex for a 12 month rental which suits us fine - pools and gym on site and included, no hassle. I don't have knowledge or experience of the Davenport area, but presumably there are similar complexes there. Ours was used to dealing with international visa holders and so the paperwork was straight forward.

Obviously, can't help on the young professional community point as we are in different areas, but from a property perspective that's what we've done. We figured an apartment for 12 months will tide us over and if we get an extension and business does well then we may look to buy a house as and when.