Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

MOving back to UK from USA with dogs

MOving back to UK from USA with dogs

Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Teach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really nice
Default MOving back to UK from USA with dogs

Does anyone kno how much airlines ost for 2 x 60 pound dogs to travel back to UK - they all have the relevant passport / chip etc.... Cannot find price anywhere and trying to budget how much we need for our rtn back to the home land.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOving back to UK from USA with dogs

Originally Posted by Teach3r
Does anyone kno how much airlines ost for 2 x 60 pound dogs to travel back to UK - they all have the relevant passport / chip etc.... Cannot find price anywhere and trying to budget how much we need for our rtn back to the home land.
About $1,500+ per dog - same answer I gave to your duplicate post on the MBTTUK forum.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
About $1,500+ per dog - same answer I gave to your duplicate post on the MBTTUK forum.
Maybe the OP thought they'd get a better price on this forum....
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:54 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll do it for $1200 per dog plus a six-pack of Coors Lite.

Do you have any requirements on the condition of the dogs when delivered?
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Going out just quoted £400.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Lloyd2 is an unknown quantity at this point

We looked at it last year. Continental suggested it would cost about $1200 for a 35lb dog. There also said they would not ship from the South (e.g. Texas, where I was) during Summer months because they are exposed to heat. That suggests to me that it is quite a gruelling experience, obviously they are crated and not moved immediately from air-conditioned environment to another air-conditioned environment. There are also lots of add-on costs that you will encounter too, like having someone tend to your dog immediately after landing - of-course you'll opt for those. Anyway, I assume you have already looked at DEFRA's website. If you do definitely do this, my best advice is to shop around for a Veterinary Practice that is familiar with the procedure of shipping animals from the US to the UK. They do exist!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

teresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to all

We paid $3300 for two golden retrievers with BA two years ago, Chicago to Heathrow this was just for the flight.