Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK from California- good moving companies?

Moving back to UK from California- good moving companies?

Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

helenjf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to UK from California- good moving companies?

Has anyone used any good moving companies to move from US to UK? Any advice or recommendations are most welcome as it seems quite daunting! We considered the possibility of not moving anything and just buying it again there as the cost of moving it might be more than it's worth but there are some things we have to move now we have a baby.

Thanks!
Helen
Old Feb 1st 2014, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Yogibear1961 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back to UK from California- good moving companies?

We're moving back soon too. I have only a few items I want to take, sewing machines, books pictures, so I looked into uppakweship as it was ideal for us. I am looking at the ubox they deliver it you assemble pack it they collect it about $1200 not very big but ideal for our small amount. They also do larger or you can do a shared container, but most of what I read in tailed taking your stuff to the dock and packing it and this was not an option for us.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 6:18 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenjf
Has anyone used any good moving companies to move from US to UK? Any advice or recommendations are most welcome as it seems quite daunting! ......
Try the "Moving Back to the UK" Forum, you're more likely to find someone there who has the info you're looking for. Also, given the size of CA, you might want to say which city/ area you're moving from.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 8:01 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I used Suddath and they were very good. I got 3 different quotes which all came in at around the same cost and I chose Suddath because of their customer service.

movingscam.com is a good place to start.

I didn't ship everything and I wish I had. Replacement costs have been quite high, not to mention the USD/GBP exchange rate. The shipping probably would have been a lot less if I'd just added it all to what I was already shipping and I wouldn't have had the hassle of finding what I wanted. Live and learn!

Last edited by Cardienscarf; Feb 1st 2014 at 8:05 am.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

helenjf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, that's very helpful. I'll try the Moving back to UK forum too. Cardienscarf- what were your quotes roughly?

Thanks
Helen