Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to another state while waiting for AOS interview

Moving to another state while waiting for AOS interview

Old Aug 13th 2001, 12:23 am
Selin Hall

You know, I recently started getting INS jitters again. Because you see, it was
7/3/01 when we went to Louisville office and applied for I-485, I-765 and got my
fingerprints taken through Livescan. I got my employment authorization card without
any problem on 7/17/01 but the thing is, we still haven't gotten any NOA from
Louisville for my I-485. It's been more than a month and I'm starting to worry. Do
you all think this is normal? The gentleman who took my fingerprints actually had
some difficulty taking my right pinky print, because when I was a teenager I got it
broken during a basketball practice. It's kind of crooked, and when he was trying to
get its print, the Livescan machine would not give it a greenlight. So he just said
"well, it's just gonna have to do." I wonder if that would cause a problem. I'll call
FBI and INS call center first thing this Monday. I'm such a worry wart.... Selin

Old Aug 13th 2001, 3:04 am
Novios

Selin Hall wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >

livescan sux. i know 'cause i'm cursed to use it. i don't know about ins protocal,
but when we have a situation such as yours and the prints are returned, we re-scan
via machine AND also good ol' fasion ink pads. but keep in mind that classifying
these things, (prints), aren't really that bad from livescan or ink. the worst to
classify are brick masons and the very elderly, (prints go to squat). good luck!

~N's.

Old Aug 14th 2001, 1:47 am
Exyz

What kind of NOA are you expecting? I think you just have to wait till you get an
interview. There's nothing else that I know of.....sometimes you get a request for
more info. But otherwise you're just in that big black hole with the rest of the folk
waiting for an interivew. At least, that's what it seems to me. Now if you went the
K-1 route, maybe there is something different...I did't think so though.

Elaine

>
it
    >
    >
    >
still
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >