Reload this Page >

moving to another state

moving to another state

Old May 13th 2008, 5:43 am
Just Joined

deepak200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to another state

Hi Guys

My case I-130/485 both pending both pending at local office in CA and now I am moving to TeXas please let me know what is the procedure to move the case from one office to another or I just have to call 1800# to change my address?

Last edited by deepak200; May 13th 2008 at 5:47 am.
Old May 13th 2008, 10:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to another state

Originally Posted by deepak200
Hi Guys

My case I-130/485 both pending both pending at local office in CA and now I am moving to TeXas please let me know what is the procedure to move the case from one office to another or I just have to call 1800# to change my address?
You must fill out form AR-11, Alien Change of Address. Go to www.uscis.gov, Immigration Forms, AR-11, and do this online, or print out the form and mail it.

Your sponsor must fill out form I-865, Sponsor Change of Address. Go to www.uscis.gov, Immigration Forms, I-865, print the form, and mail it.

Might be a good idea to also send written notice of your address change (include a copy of the AR-11 you sent in) to your local office in CA, and also your new office in TX.

Have you received your EAD and AP yet? If not, might be a good idea to send written notice of your address change to the National Benefits Center (include a copy of the AR-11 you sent in).

After you've done all this, call the 800 number and notify them as well. About a month later, call the 800 number again and double check that your address was indeed changed.

Of course don't do any of this until after you've moved, but within 10 days of moving.

For further info, do a search on posts by meauxna, using the key words "department of overkill".

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

I heard to move a case from one local office to another office cause delay in yours case processing . How delay it's gonna be ? I am already waiting for last 2.5 years for my GC. does the file(I-485) physically move to another office too? or file stay remain in the previous local office?

Last edited by deepak200; May 13th 2008 at 12:53 pm.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard to move a case from one local office to another office cause delay in yours case processing . How delay it's gonna be ? I am already waiting for last 2.5 years for my GC. does the file(I-485) physically move to another office too? or file stay remain in the previous local office?
You've been waiting 2.5 years for your AOS interview?? Have you ever gone in person to ask about it, at your local office? That's WAY too long to be waiting.

To answer your question, your file is held someplace else (not quite sure anymore exactly where), until an opening for an interview comes up at your local office (depending on where you live at the time). When an appointment for your AOS interview becomes available, that local office requests your file from wherever it's being held.

Did you do biometrics? How long ago? How many times?

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

I had interview like 22 months ago . My name check and fingerprints are cleared since Feb , 2006 .

Last edited by deepak200; May 13th 2008 at 2:09 pm.
Old May 13th 2008, 3:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I had interview like 22 months ago . My name check and fingerprints are cleared since Feb , 2006 .
Infopass appointment

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

get on to this now
Old May 13th 2008, 4:30 pm

OK, so you've already had your AOS interview. Just do all the change of address things I listed.

Your dates don't make sense. You say your name check and fingerprints cleared on February 2006, which is 27 months ago. But you had your AOS interview 22 months ago? That can't be right. Either your security checks would be finished by the day of your interview (22 months ago) or some time after that (less than 22 months ago).

And how do you know for sure your name check and fingerprints have cleared? Also, that doesn't mean all your other security checks have cleared yet.

During these past 22 - 27 months have you EVER made an inquiry about your green card?

DEFINITELY time for an Infopass appointment!!

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

I applied in Jan 2006
FP feb 2006
AOS interview July 2006

How I know my name check is cleared
because I have written response from FBi thru my senator.

I made many Service request and Infopass in past

everytime i recivied response saying my case is under review by local office.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe time to get a lawyer or Congressman involved again
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/N...QA_28Feb08.pdf
Old May 13th 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

That's what I am thinking tooo.. Probably i will do in dallas once i moved there. ..
Old May 13th 2008, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I am thinking tooo.. Probably i will do in dallas once i moved there. ..
I wouldn't wait... I'd do it right now, before there's a chance that your files get lost in transit.

Ian
Old May 13th 2008, 11:08 pm

I applied in Jan 2006
FP feb 2006
AOS interview July 2006

How I know my name check is cleared
because I have written response from FBi thru my senator.
Have you only ever had the one set of fingerprints taken, back in Feb 2006? Those are only good for 15 months. If you've never had them done again after that, you might expect to get a notice to go for biometrics again at some point.

Rene
Old May 19th 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys

Is that right to transfer case from one local office to another takes 6-8 months?
Old May 19th 2008, 4:25 pm

Hi guys

Is that right to transfer case from one local office to another takes 6-8 months?
I don't think so, no.
Old May 19th 2008, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't think so, no.
any idea how long it takes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.