Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving in 3 weeks - some advice on random things

Moving in 3 weeks - some advice on random things

Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:26 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving in 3 weeks - some advice on random things

BoA are definately the cucumber of banks, it has to be said...:curse:
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:28 pm
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know if you have any questions about Seattle, I've lived there for the past 14 years or so. Hope your move goes well.
Naomi.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

CherylH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by naomi
Let me know if you have any questions about Seattle, I've lived there for the past 14 years or so. Hope your move goes well.
Naomi.
Thanks, Naomi. We'll actually be living in Kirkland - I know the US isn't great for public transport but are there buses that go from Kirkland to downtown Seattle? We will have a car but coming from London, where we're used to a tube or bus stop every few hundred yards, we're happy to jump on a bus too.

Do you enjoy living in Seattle? It seems like a really exciting city and we're looking forward to exploring it. Did you find it easy to make friends? I've heard rumours of the supposed 'Seattle freeze', but that just sounds like similar behaviour to a lot of Londoners I know and we've managed to get (and keep!) friends over here - and we're from London!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:00 pm
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CherylH
Thanks, Naomi. We'll actually be living in Kirkland - I know the US isn't great for public transport but are there buses that go from Kirkland to downtown Seattle? We will have a car but coming from London, where we're used to a tube or bus stop every few hundred yards, we're happy to jump on a bus too.

Do you enjoy living in Seattle? It seems like a really exciting city and we're looking forward to exploring it. Did you find it easy to make friends? I've heard rumours of the supposed 'Seattle freeze', but that just sounds like similar behaviour to a lot of Londoners I know and we've managed to get (and keep!) friends over here - and we're from London!
Hi Cheryl. There are buses that go from Kirkland to Seattle: more during commuting hours. You probably can't rely on them too much though during weekends/late at night. You can check out routes/times here:
http://transit.metrokc.gov/

I love living in Seattle, and I've found that people are pretty friendly for the most part, have a great bunch of friends over here.
Best of luck, Naomi.