Reload this Page >

moving 2 dogs to usa in sept

moving 2 dogs to usa in sept

Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:37 am
Just Joined

sue rae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving 2 dogs to usa in sept

Thanx for the info !!!
will check with our Vet soon to arrange shots etc and to arrange paws crossed certified fit to fly!

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Welcome to BE! If you do a search, you will find many threads about shipping dogs to the US, probably in the main USA section. You will need certification from a vet that they are fit to travel (especially the older dog) and do make sure they are up to date on their rabies shots. If you are moving somewhere hot, make sure that by September it is possible to ship them in, as carriers will not bring in animals when temperatures are above a certain level at the destination. When you arrive, I'd suggest having them checked by a local vet asap; for instance, if you were coming here to the northeast, the dogs would need to get shots for Lyme Disease. Dogs in the US also need to be on heartworm meds and flea and tick prevention.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:48 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue rae
Thanx for the info !!!
will check with our Vet soon to arrange shots etc and to arrange paws crossed certified fit to fly!
The fit to fly certificate usually has to be issued within a week or two of the flight. Check with your airline to see what their requirements are. (Your pet shipper company should be able to tell you.)
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

kimdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for the info !!!
Where are you moving to in the US ?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:53 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimdavies
Where are you moving to in the US ?
She responded:

we hope to be in orange county California
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:09 am
Banned

eleanor12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing such a nice information.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if this it too late now, but we are using Passports for Pets (Airsupply Shipping Agents). We are very stressed about sending our cats (our babies!) so we are using them to literally do EVERYTHING so we don't have to worry about the stress.

The fitness to fly certificate needs to be done within 10 days before flying. England does not require rabies shots, however some states and some airlines do, so this needs to be checked individually.

Passports for Pets are picking the cats up for us the day before and performing their fit to fly exam that day. They will then fly out on October 5th.

As a reference it is costing us £1040 to send 2 cats from Heathrow to Newark NJ. (This includes collection and delivery to airport, fit to fly cert., flights, crates, and all other fees at both airports).

This company has been so helpful and very understanding of our concerns, so I feel very confident with them. I'm still not going to be able about putting my girls into the crates on October 4th, but I know that they probably won't even notice!

Not sure if any of that is helpful to anyone now though
Old Jul 28th 2011, 1:20 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ismo220

England does not require rabies shots, however some states and some airlines do, so this needs to be checked individually.
Anyone bringing a pet over, don't worry about what the state's requirements are -- get that rabies shot! Rabies is out there in the USA and you want to protect your pet whether you are mandated to do so or not. The one thing to check is if the specific state requires the live vaccine.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Anyone bringing a pet over, don't worry about what the state's requirements are -- get that rabies shot! Rabies is out there in the USA and you want to protect your pet whether you are mandated to do so or not. The one thing to check is if the specific state requires the live vaccine.
whats the differance between (apart from the obvious) between the two differant vaccines ??? I understand that Rabies *from my research of past few months ) is a "dodgy" thing for pets with auto immune probs which my old boy has !
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ismo220
Not sure if this it too late now, but we are using Passports for Pets (Airsupply Shipping Agents). We are very stressed about sending our cats (our babies!) so we are using them to literally do EVERYTHING so we don't have to worry about the stress.

The fitness to fly certificate needs to be done within 10 days before flying. England does not require rabies shots, however some states and some airlines do, so this needs to be checked individually.

Passports for Pets are picking the cats up for us the day before and performing their fit to fly exam that day. They will then fly out on October 5th.

As a reference it is costing us £1040 to send 2 cats from Heathrow to Newark NJ. (This includes collection and delivery to airport, fit to fly cert., flights, crates, and all other fees at both airports).

This company has been so helpful and very understanding of our concerns, so I feel very confident with them. I'm still not going to be able about putting my girls into the crates on October 4th, but I know that they probably won't even notice!

Not sure if any of that is helpful to anyone now though
Hi we are doing the move ourselves ! for two woofers this is the only part that worries me as like you have said they are your babies !!! not really concerned about me and hubby the woofers and their flight is ALL that is on my mind !!! sure your babies will be ok ! paws crossed safe flight !!!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanx for the info !!!
Thanx for the above !
any idea what the differance between "live" and "dead " vaccine is for rabies ? andwhich is accepted in California?
Also does anyone know the criteria for a "fit to fly" vet exam and what the vets look for ??Thanx
Old Jul 28th 2011, 8:47 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Thanx for the above !
any idea what the differance between "live" and "dead " vaccine is for rabies ? andwhich is accepted in California?
Also does anyone know the criteria for a "fit to fly" vet exam and what the vets look for ??Thanx
This may help:

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/healthinfo/di...es/rabies.aspx

As to the "fit to fly," I am sure you can Google up some info. I think it will involve how much stress the dog can take -- does it have a history of epilepsy, heart problems -- with the very young and the elderly most susceptible.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the above !
We flew our cat from Canada to Orange County California in 2008. Our vet gave our cat the Merial Purevax rabies shot which is a "live" rabies. No idea what the difference is. He then provided us with a Certificate of Vaccination which showed his annual vaccination and the date it was given and the rabies vaccination information. We also had our file with every bill from the vets office for 4 years
Old Jul 30th 2011, 8:48 am
Just Joined

bluemaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are doing the move ourselves ! for two woofers this is the only part that worries me as like you have said they are your babies !!! not really concerned about me and hubby the woofers and their flight is ALL that is on my mind !!! sure your babies will be ok ! paws crossed safe flight !!!
Hi Sue

We are also trying to sort out our Boxers move to the US ourselves with not a great deal of luck. Our main problem is if we fly with BA there is no public access to the Cargo Drop off area. We have asked one of the door to door services what it would cost to do just Airport to Airport and still received a quote of over $4000 for 1 dog.
What Airline are you using and what quotes have you had?

Darren
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bluemaze
Hi Sue

We are also trying to sort out our Boxers move to the US ourselves with not a great deal of luck. Our main problem is if we fly with BA there is no public access to the Cargo Drop off area. We have asked one of the door to door services what it would cost to do just Airport to Airport and still received a quote of over $4000 for 1 dog.
What Airline are you using and what quotes have you had?

Darren
Hi I understand that B.A dont allow individuals to do "self" boarding changed their procedure I guess We hope to fly with Virgin and the prices of around £2000 is with us providing dog crates etc ! seems so high for the poor Dogs who only get to be in the hold (is higher than our same day flight ticket)

When are you going and is it LA? be aware also that LAX dont accept animals on weekends !
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:03 am
Just Joined

This may help:

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/healthinfo/di...es/rabies.aspx

As to the "fit to fly," I am sure you can Google up some info. I think it will involve how much stress the dog can take -- does it have a history of epilepsy, heart problems -- with the very young and the elderly most susceptible.
Thanx for the info !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.