Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Movie Out Now: Outfoxed

Movie Out Now: Outfoxed

Old Jul 28th 2004, 7:59 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Movie Out Now: Outfoxed

This is a documentary about Rupert Murdoch and the Fox Corporation. I guess documentaries are in favor at the moment and this one should get the little grey cells going-

See:

http://www.opednews.com/wade_071604_outfoxed2.htm

http://www.alternet.org/movies/19199/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,125455,00.html
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:27 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see someone at FOX come up with a better criticism of the film and critics of FOXNEWS in general. Every time someone accuses them of being a rightwing republican mouthpiece they seem to give the same answer, which is usually along the lines of "At least we're not anti-american like CNN and the BBC."
Change the record guys! Just because someone might show stories that don't show the USA in a perfect light, doesn't make them anti-american.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:35 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Fox news is not far short of what Josef Goebbels would have come up with if the Nazis had had cable TV.

Of all the idiots on Fox that smug shite Sean Hannity is the one who pisses me off the most. What a pathetic miserable excuse for a human being. oooh just the mere thought of him makes my blood boil.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:46 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Saw the Documentary, 8/3!!

Last night I attended a screening of Outfoxed, the documentary that investigated the Fox News Corporation.

What a documentary! I don't watch Fox News but I know that I'm not missing anything.

It's a complete scandal how they the TV station uses the tagline "fair and balanced" at all when the network is so clearly Republican and conservative and pretty much a media outlet for Bush!

This is the first cinema screening I've attended in the US when the audience reacted so vociferously during the screening.

Words can't really describe how talking heads like Bill O'Reilly and others on the TV station behave. To call them journalists would be completely inappropriate. They behave as if they're in a bar rowing with complete strangers (but with fewer expletives).

The documentary featured many interviews with former Fox employees, both in front and behind the cameras, describing the corporation's political agenda and style of broadcast and interviewing techniques.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:29 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Check out these clips:

Outfoxed.org

The O'Reilly clip is cool. This film looks like it could be fun
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:43 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally posted by rincewind
Check out these clips:

Outfoxed.org

The O'Reilly clip is cool. This film looks like it could be fun
Just noticed your sig. In Outfoxed, there's a clip of George Carlin being "interviewed" by a Fox talking head and he get's cut off and then the interview is ended abruptly 'cos the Fox talking head can't stop Carlin talking. i.e. non-Fox views are being broadcast on the station which would upset Murdoch and their Fox senior honchos.

The documentary addresses a serious subject yet it is entertaining and though provoking (like why the hell would anyone watch Fox?).
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:51 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Just noticed your sig. In Outfoxed, there's a clip of George Carlin being "interviewed" by a Fox talking head and he get's cut off and then the interview is ended abruptly 'cos the Fox talking head can't stop Carlin talking. i.e. non-Fox views are being broadcast on the station which would upset Murdoch and their Fox senior honchos.

The documentary addresses a serious subject yet it is entertaining and though provoking (like why the hell would anyone watch Fox?).
Cool, I can't wait to see it. Its under $10.00 on Amazon
Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:08 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by elfman
Fox news is not far short of what Josef Goebbels would have come up with if the Nazis had had cable TV.

Of all the idiots on Fox that smug shite Sean Hannity is the one who pisses me off the most. What a pathetic miserable excuse for a human being. oooh just the mere thought of him makes my blood boil.
Couldn't have put that any better myself, superb
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

Don't like it. Change the channel. It's a free country.

-= nav =-
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by supernav
Don't like it. Change the channel. It's a free country.

-= nav =-

...for now...
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:23 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by supernav
It's a free country.

-= nav =-
Thats the funniest thing you have ever said! You obviously have a strange interpretation of free - yes you are free to change the channel but you are not living in a free country
Old Aug 5th 2004, 1:53 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by Patrick
Thats the funniest thing you have ever said! You obviously have a strange interpretation of free - yes you are free to change the channel but you are not living in a free country

I watched 'The Simpsons' the other day and laughed so hard that I almost spat my dinner out at one part...

Homer is on the phone making enquiries into share prices...the automated teller asks him to speak the name of the company he wants to investiagte...it goes something like this...

Homer: "Badboys Oil"

Auto Teller: "Bayboys Oil, 76c per share, up 15 dollars since this morning"

Homer: "Yaaahoo!!!" (because he's just invested in them)

Auto Teller: "Yahoo, $1.36 per share, 3c up on this morning"

Homer: "Hey, what the hell is this crap?"

Auto Teller: "Fox News, $4.15 per share, up 4c on this morning"