British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Movie: "Capitalism: A Love Story" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/movie-capitalism-love-story-633826/)

Sally Redux Oct 5th 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Movie: "Capitalism: A Love Story"

Originally Posted by Leslie66 (Post 7991195)
or my father dressed up in women's clothing.

Now you've reminded me of the time my Dad and two of his friends, fully costumed and 'blacked up', mimed to the Three Degrees at a school event.

The audience sat in stunned silence until someone piped up, "Big girls, aren't they?"

Leslie Oct 5th 2009 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 7991208)
Now you've reminded me of the time my Dad and two of his friends, fully costumed and 'blacked up', mimed to the Three Degrees at a school event.

The audience sat in stunned silence until someone piped up, "Big girls, aren't they?"

Wow the Rorschach test really does evoke repressed traumas. :ohmy:

Sally Redux Oct 5th 2009 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie66 (Post 7991220)
Wow the Rorschach test really does evoke repressed traumas. :ohmy:

It really does :blink:

Dan725 Oct 6th 2009 1:16 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing the film. I think he does a good job. Of course his films are biased, but as Manc said, it stirs things up every time a new one comes out; can only be a good thing.

the troubadour Oct 7th 2009 4:00 am

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7990749)
Free?

I guess you are aware of what i refer. Of course it is paid for out of the collection of impost.....but just nice to know that in Western Europe treatment is available to a high standard according to need ..and does not require a remorgage on the family house...

Sally Redux Oct 7th 2009 4:13 am

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 7995839)
I guess you are aware of what i refer. Of course it is paid for out of the collection of impost.....but just nice to know that in Western Europe treatment is available to a high standard according to need ..and does not require a remorgage on the family house...

It is actually free for some people - that is the point. Of course it costs money to run, but that doesn't come into the equation when you need treatment.

another bloody yank Oct 7th 2009 11:29 am

I guess you are aware of what i refer. Of course it is paid for out of the collection of impost.....

Of course I'm aware. I think when discussing things of this import, accuracy is vital.

Marocco Oct 7th 2009 1:48 pm

Since when have waiting lists been abolished?

Bob Oct 7th 2009 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Marocco (Post 7997185)
Since when have waiting lists been abolished?

That's being pedantic and you know it.

It's not like treatment will be denied because you can't afford it like in the US, or treatment is offered because it's a good money earner for the hospital but won't actually offer you a better quality of life.

Sometimes, enough is enough and money shouldn't be the sole decider.

Sally Redux Oct 7th 2009 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 7998305)
That's being pedantic and you know it.

It's not like treatment will be denied because you can't afford it like in the US, or treatment is offered because it's a good money earner for the hospital but won't actually offer you a better quality of life.

Sometimes, enough is enough and money shouldn't be the sole decider.

They will get you in quick for emergencies, and waiting lists have improved enormously.