British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Moved BBC America. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/moved-bbc-america-469214/)

britvic Jul 26th 2007 4:44 pm

Moved BBC America.

Now I know we are not exactly mad for it but there are some thing's I like to watch, so anyway was surfing the guide and BBC America not on 246.....me started flapping like a Budgie....found it :) it's on channel 252 now :cool: has it moved in your area ?

TruBrit Jul 26th 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Moved BBC America.

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 5109121)
Now I know we are not exactly mad for it but there are some thing's I like to watch, so anyway was surfing the guide and BBC America not on 246.....me started flapping like a Budgie....found it :) it's on channel 252 now :cool: has it moved in your area ?

still 226 here, just watching rick stein;)

britvic Jul 26th 2007 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5109136)
still 226 here, just watching rick stein;)

Dont it make your mouth water that programme :thumbup:

penguinsix Jul 26th 2007 4:53 pm

I just saw my first preview for 'Torchwood' on BBC America coming in September.

britvic Jul 26th 2007 4:57 pm

I love James Nesbit "brilliant actor" he's a new one coming very soon a modern day Jekyll & Hide :thumbup:

dgsyd1 Jul 26th 2007 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 5109214)
I love James Nesbit "brilliant actor" he's a new one coming very soon a modern day Jekyll & Hide :thumbup:

It's a bloody good show too! Almost up there with Life On Mars IMHO

britvic Jul 26th 2007 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by dgsyd1 (Post 5109321)
It's a bloody good show too! Almost up there with Life On Mars IMHO

Great, cant wait to see it now, thankyou :)

BigDavyG Jul 26th 2007 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 5109214)

The first episode seem to be available on demand already - maybe its a mistake, but worth seeing if its still there.

britvic Jul 26th 2007 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG (Post 5109477)
The first episode seem to be available on demand already - maybe its a mistake, but worth seeing if its still there.

Do you know I forget all about the demand section :o thanks for the tip Davy.

nethead Jul 26th 2007 8:21 pm

Hmm it's on 135 on our tv. We have Dishnetwork though.

surly Jul 26th 2007 9:20 pm

Hasn't moved in our area, depends on your Cable Co I suppose.
I guess it's worth it for the 2 or 3 decent programs a week.
Is it only out here that seems to get a steady diet of Hollyoaks, footballers wives, Robin Hood, Gordon Ramsey, weakest link and disgusting peoples filthy homes.

Plus some of the cheesiest ads on TV

http://www.bbcamerica.com/tvschedule.jsp

Unfortunately we get an hour of Eastenders on PBS every Monday, about 5 years behind.

TruBrit Jul 26th 2007 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by surly (Post 5110371)
Unfortunately we get an hour of Eastenders on PBS every Monday, about 5 years behind.

we used to get eastenders on BBCA and yes it was about 5 yrs behind but that got taken off about 3 yrs ago :blink:

britvic Jul 26th 2007 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5110392)
we used to get eastenders on BBCA and yes it was about 5 yrs behind but that got taken off about 3 yrs ago :blink:

When it was on BBC America is was up to date :confused: and so was Top of the Pop's :( Now I have to make do with East Enders 5 years old on WHRO on Saturday night's :o

USBound Jul 26th 2007 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by penguinsix (Post 5109179)
I just saw my first preview for 'Torchwood' on BBC America coming in September.

I started watching this last week... its only OK... tho I was surprised the first time someone came out with "What the ****ing hell was that" in a welsh accent... I'm guessing BBCA might bleep it out.

Bob Jul 27th 2007 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by USBound (Post 5110782)
I started watching this last week... its only OK... tho I was surprised the first time someone came out with "What the ****ing hell was that" in a welsh accent... I'm guessing BBCA might bleep it out.

I love what they don't bleep though...can't 'arkin'....with a blip, but alright to say tw@, cock and all sorts....

Torchwood has a couple of amusing moments, but I thought it was really boring and even more cheesy than dr who so gave up after a couple episodes.