Reload this Page >

Move to USA?

Wikiposts

Move to USA?

Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:52 am
Just Joined

SirSacha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Move to USA?

So where do you guys go for your pizzas then?
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SirSacha
At any one of the dozens of locally owned wood fired pizza places. Some of which are certified authentic Neopolitan by the VPN association in Naples. Others that are frequently listed in the top ten pizza in the country. But then again phoenix is overrun with the places. It's like the cup cake thing all over again.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
At any one of the dozens of locally owned wood fired piazza places. Some of which are certified authentic Neopolitan by the VPN association in Naples. Others that are frequently listed in the top ten pizza in the country. But then again phoenix is overrun with the places. It's like the cup cake thing all over again.
Personally, I'm one of those in the masses who doesn't care if it's a chain pizza, I just want it to taste good to my liking. My first choice is Barro's, second choice is Papa John's. I've tried a few others, including a couple of small independent places, and my own opinion is that their pizza was not as good as Barro's or Papa John's.

To the OP....you would need to set up your business first in the UK, then get enough money to open a branch of the restaurant in the USA, while keeping the UK one up and running. It would be a goal to work towards in the next several years, it won't be happening anytime soon, is my guess.

Rene
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

LinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really nice

I live a few miles from Heathrow Airport. There has been quite a few italian restaurants and take-aways come and go over the last few years. I've ordered from a few of them and some were really good, but ultimately, myself and many of the people I know will always go back to the big names, and these small places will and have gone under.

Also, you're going to find it hard to get someone to put all the money up for a business and then let you pay them back once (or rather if) the business makes a profit. You're more than likely going to need to go to a bank and get a business loan of some sort.

I think realistically if you want to move to the US, you need to make it a long term goal. Study for a degree or start working for a company with US offices and work your way up the ladder, eventually getting a transfer. Think 5-10 years.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 5:07 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
At any one of the dozens of locally owned wood fired pizza places.
+1. As well as Frank Pepe's and Sally's in New Haven -- two of the best in the country.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Sweet so you guys actually go to the top end pizza takeaways then. What are your typical orders? For your family or just yourself?

It's great that there are apparently so many of high quality pizza/pasta takeaways in the US as it shows there is a large market for it. Ideas don't have to be unique to succeed. In fact an established market will make it easier to get investment.

LinkTen, many thanks for your info. From the sounds of it you as well would prefer real pizzas but you fret that they all seem to close as soon as they open. That to me shows that they did not advertise, didn't price right, or didn't make good enough food.

As for getting investment you'd be surprised how many people out there are looking to invest their money in something like this.

Huge thanks for the advice guys! Would love to hear more about your typical spend in a takeaway and whether you order for yourself or for family/friends as well typically.

Noorah I'm sure you'd pick my pizza or cannelloni over Papa Jons!

God bless
Old Feb 17th 2013, 5:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... not only will I be offering better pizzas, but a whole range of foods the competitors don't offer.
Respectfully, your competition isn't going to be Domino's, Pizza Hut, or Papa John's. It's going to be the numerous, small, independent places - exactly the sort that you want to set up - that you're going to have to deal with.

Willing to move to your area.
Actually, I hope you avoid my area!

What are your typical orders? For your family or just yourself? ... Would love to hear more about your typical spend in a takeaway and whether you order for yourself or for family/friends as well typically.
Respectfully, again, we are not here to answer your market research questions.

Ian
Old Feb 17th 2013, 5:50 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I like Papa John's pizzas, I prefer them to "authentic, wood-fired, gourmet" pizzas. I would buy them even if the competition was cheaper, closer, and "more authentic". I rarely ever eat pizza in a sit-down restaurant, if I'm dining out want proper food, not "slob in front of the TV" food (pizzas).

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 17th 2013 at 5:53 am.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 6:17 am
Just Joined

ian-mstm. I'm just asking, if you don't want to answer you don't have to. You come across as a very rude and bitter person may I add. Why you would want me to 'avoid your area' I don't know but you clearly have some issues or something that I do very much sympathise with. Get that bitterness out of your heart my friend you will be better for it!

Pulaski, you haven't tried my pizzas though have you . As for 'proper food', you can have it - pastas, steak, char-grilled chicken. In any case Pizza Express only serve pizzas and they are a dine out restaurant, and they're packed. But again poor quality and expensive.

I must say you lot are incredibly pessimistic. I'm shocked that the Americans on here were not more supportive - goes against what I have been told about American enthusiasm for businesses. Anyway I know I will succeed with my pizzeria, here, Canada or California.

But many thanks again for your advice guys.

God bless.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 6:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I must say you lot are incredibly pessimistic. I'm shocked that the Americans on here were not more supportive - goes against what I have been told about American enthusiasm for businesses. Anyway I know I will succeed with my pizzeria, here, Canada or California.

God bless.
Do you want people to be sweet and peaches and be a load of bullshit, or do you want actual advice and experience?

Your idea is nothing new. Your investment capital is not enough. Quality restaurants fail daily.

So what realistically are you going to do about it?

You've been offered plenty of advice already. You don't need to sell your ideas to people on BE, we aren't going to be investing and losing the money in it.

Good luck with it.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 7:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

In any case Pizza Express only serve pizzas and they are a dine out restaurant, and they're packed.
No they don't. We got to Pizza Express quite a bit as they do a great cheap children's menu that my two love, but I'd never order a pizza (as above, I just don't see the point of going out to eat something I can cook easily myself at home).

They do pasta, salads, risotto, etc, and I'll always order something like that instead.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 8:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You come across as a very rude and bitter person may I add.
Yes, I get that a lot... but only half of what you wrote is true!

Get that bitterness out of your heart my friend you will be better for it!
And that's the half that you're wrong about!

... goes against what I have been told about American enthusiasm for businesses.
I suggest you examine your sources of information. If your information comes from people who want you to invest in the US, then I have no doubt that you've been told of the "American enthusiasm for businesses". If your information comes from the actual consumers... well then, it's probably closer to the truth.

Ian
Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

LinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really niceLinkTen is just really nice

SirSacha, we're just offering advice in regards to the knowledge we have. Many people who have posted have already made the move to the US and are very knowledgeable about the process and visa requirements. With determination and your enthusiasm, you may very well find a way to move to the US. Best of luck and I hope you make it.

FYI, I just ordered a Dominos.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is going to be regional but I would be hard pushed to remember eating Pizza out, I usually go for Safeway Take and Bake, not frozen, first choice.

I do know somebody who finances, with restaurants he will only lend tied on equipment and then the rate is eye watering, for obvious reasons.

Liquor Licenses in CO are not that bad, I know I can be very different elsewhere.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Kilty is an unknown quantity at this point

ian-mstm. I'm just asking, if you don't want to answer you don't have to. You come across as a very rude and bitter person may I add. Why you would want me to 'avoid your area' I don't know but you clearly have some issues or something that I do very much sympathise with. Get that bitterness out of your heart my friend you will be better for it!

Pulaski, you haven't tried my pizzas though have you . As for 'proper food', you can have it - pastas, steak, char-grilled chicken. In any case Pizza Express only serve pizzas and they are a dine out restaurant, and they're packed. But again poor quality and expensive.

God bless.

I don't eat pizza, but I always thought the pizza business was mostly about delivery logistics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.