Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Move to atlanta metro area

Move to atlanta metro area

Old Jun 21st 2016, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to atlanta metro area

When my husband and I first arrived in GA, we hadn't a clue, apart from internet research.
We're both retired, so workplace wasn't an issue.
We decided to try Woodstock, just because we liked the names 'Woodstock' and 'Cherokee County.'
We looked online at demographics,crime statistics etc., and decided to give it a try.
We loved it. That was 10 years ago.
We actually bought a home in Acworth, the next town over.
School district is obviously a big factor for you....they're supposedly excellent in both Cherokee, Cobb, and Paulding.
I don't think a biracial marriage is uncommon or problematic here at all. We're both white and old so we've no experience...just saying what we see day to day.
We've been very happy living here..... wouldn't change for anything.
Good luck with the move, and I hope you're all very happy here.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Beckyboos1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Move to atlanta metro area

Originally Posted by mamasue
When my husband and I first arrived in GA, we hadn't a clue, apart from internet research.
We're both retired, so workplace wasn't an issue.
We decided to try Woodstock, just because we liked the names 'Woodstock' and 'Cherokee County.'
We looked online at demographics,crime statistics etc., and decided to give it a try.
We loved it. That was 10 years ago.
We actually bought a home in Acworth, the next town over.
School district is obviously a big factor for you....they're supposedly excellent in both Cherokee, Cobb, and Paulding.
I don't think a biracial marriage is uncommon or problematic here at all. We're both white and old so we've no experience...just saying what we see day to day.
We've been very happy living here..... wouldn't change for anything.
Good luck with the move, and I hope you're all very happy here.
Thankyou very much for you reply xx