British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Mothers Day UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/mothers-day-uk-431038/)

Jaxbar Feb 28th 2007 1:16 am

Mothers Day UK

Just a reminder its March 18th. :)

Although now I remember I was going to buy a card from last year and save it and I didnt, so guess will have to make one.

Sally Feb 28th 2007 1:22 am

Re: Mothers Day UK

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass (Post 4463323)

Although now I remember I was going to buy a card from last year and save it and I didnt, so guess will have to make one.

Ooh thanks, I don't think my Mum is talking to me at the mo as I haven't invited her over this year.

Irn-bru Feb 28th 2007 1:45 am

Oh thanks for the reminder and of course I did buy a card last year but have moved house since and have no idea where I put it :(

Texas Mom Feb 28th 2007 1:47 am

Yeah cheers for the heads up, I had no idea when it was, I knew it was March but not exactly sure when. I better get to the shop tomorrow! ;)
Cool for me two days after my birthday whoo hoo! Can somebody PM Texas Ranger to drop a little reminder in his shell???? :p

snorkmaiden Feb 28th 2007 2:32 am

Thank you, karma sent for that, now I just need to try and remember long enough to get a card and post it :D

DaveC Feb 28th 2007 2:34 am

Thanks for the heads up. Karma on the way. Turns out that my Mother will be flying in to visit us a couple of days after that. Which is nice.

Bob Feb 28th 2007 3:28 am

My mothers birthday is on the 20th, and I still always forget about mothers day :lol:

Silly Sod Feb 28th 2007 2:22 pm

Nice one. I would send Karma too if the OP hadn't opened a can of worms that nobody seems to have noticed yet. Do we now have to buy our US wives TWO sets mothers day cards and gifts? Thanks a lot!!! :confused:

bettyboop80 Feb 28th 2007 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden (Post 4463475)
Thank you, karma sent for that, now I just need to try and remember long enough to get a card and post it :D

you probably wont be able to get a card...mothers day here isnt until may so shops here wont be selling them yet.
My mum always has to have 2 mothers days, one from my sister in england in march and one from me in may (although this will be the last year that happens!!)

Texas Mom Feb 28th 2007 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by bettyboop80 (Post 4465342)
you probably wont be able to get a card...mothers day here isnt until may so shops here wont be selling them yet.
My mum always has to have 2 mothers days, one from my sister in england in march and one from me in may (although this will be the last year that happens!!)

Oh crap - looks like junior and I will need to get the glue n glitter out! Totally did not know that! Karma on way for the head's up!:p

ukmumsie Feb 28th 2007 5:39 pm

Luckily my mum has just moved to France and their Mother's Day is the same as US - phew! But I still have a step mum - will probably find a blank one!

Maz Feb 28th 2007 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by bettyboop80 (Post 4465342)
My mum always has to have 2 mothers days, one from my sister in england in march and one from me in may

Same here. My brother spoils her in person in March, and I spoil her in absentia in May. I got the number for the florists' down the road from them, and just call direct and order a bouquet from them, to be delivered, too. :)

another bloody yank Feb 28th 2007 5:53 pm

Does anyone happen to know what day in May the U.S. one is?:o

ukmumsie Feb 28th 2007 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 4466117)
Does anyone happen to know what day in May the U.S. one is?:o

Tut tut!;) It is May 13th!

Funny how in the UK it is called Mothering Sunday

ukmumsie Feb 28th 2007 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4466113)
Same here. My brother spoils her in person in March, and I spoil her in absentia in May. I got the number for the florists' down the road from them, and just call direct and order a bouquet from them, to be delivered, too. :)

I use to do the same when she lived in the UK, a lot cheaper than using something like Interflora ;) That sounded a bit cheap didn't it!