Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mother's Day Part 2?

Mother's Day Part 2?

Old May 4th 2005, 2:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mother's Day Part 2?

So with the US mother's day coming up...anyone doing anything special for it?

Ultimate bit of tack was a card for former mother in-laws and daughter in-laws by hallmark....they really are taking over the world aren't they
Old May 4th 2005, 2:45 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mother's Day Part 2?

Originally Posted by Bob

Ultimate bit of tack was a card for former mother in-laws and daughter in-laws by hallmark....they really are taking over the world aren't they
Well, of course I expect the works on Sunday
Breakfast in bed, and a gift or two .. probably a card from the cats. But it's too close to my birthday to expect very much. Know what you mean about the tackiness of some greetings cards. Sometimes I expect a pop-out vomit bucket inside each one
Old May 4th 2005, 2:50 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Do they rent out mothers-in-law as well? :scared:
Old May 4th 2005, 3:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Do they rent out mothers-in-law as well? :scared:
You got one spare? Do you rent her out by the hour or by the day?

NC Penguin
Old May 4th 2005, 3:25 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Won't see my MIL for Mother's Day. She lives some 13 hrs drive away.

So instead, we ordered her an extra memory card for digital camera. She's really into taking snaps with that so we thought it'd be a good gift 'cos we know she'll use it.

Mailed the card and a box of chai yesterday. She likes tea and I though thought she might be interested in trying something different.

I've never sent her flowers 'cos she's a keen gardener herself and probably grows better stuff than anything I could ever send her. Anyway, I leave the flowers for her husband to give her.

NC Penguin
Old May 4th 2005, 3:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

memory card...hmmm...that might have been a good idea...we got a veg grilling thingy for the bbq, she wanted one for her b/day but there weren't anyway...
and got her a new apron that says' Shitake-happens...

weird eh
Old May 4th 2005, 3:48 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by Bob
memory card...hmmm...that might have been a good idea...we got a veg grilling thingy for the bbq, she wanted one for her b/day but there weren't anyway...
and got her a new apron that says' Shitake-happens...

weird eh
Couldn't buy an apron like that for my MIL. I don't think she'd get the joke.

128MB card should keep the MIL happy for a long, long time. When I visited her last Christmas, I also reduced her pic size so she can take more pix on a card and they're more email attachment friendly.

NC Penguin
Old May 4th 2005, 4:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
...I also reduced her pic size so she can take more pix on a card and they're more email attachment friendly.
Aye, wish more people did that...huge resolution great for large prints, shite for emails and people don't realise that...but annoying..
Old May 4th 2005, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

My mum had a baby in the 60's when she was 21, her then boyfriend abandoned her and her parents put her into a convent and refused to let her come home unless she had the baby adopted, it was pretty hard to be a single mum back then.

Anyway, I've been looking for my brother, now 37 for the past eight years and a few weeks ago I found him, living in Massachusetts, and he flew down here to Dallas two days after I contacted him, coincidentally at the same time my Mum and Sister were arriving from England for a holiday with me and we all met him for the first time in DFW airport, he looks more like my mum than I do so we all recognised eachother which was amazing.

So to get to the "doing something special part," my brother is sending my Mum 36 mothers day cards (as he missed Mothers Day in the UK) and he's written something about his life in each year in each card.

She is already so happy to have found him, getting all those cards is going to mean the world to her.
Old May 4th 2005, 6:13 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
My mum had a baby in the 60's when she was 21, her then boyfriend abandoned her and her parents put her into a convent and refused to let her come home unless she had the baby adopted, it was pretty hard to be a single mum back then.

Anyway, I've been looking for my brother, now 37 for the past eight years and a few weeks ago I found him, living in Massachusetts, and he flew down here to Dallas two days after I contacted him, coincidentally at the same time my Mum and Sister were arriving from England for a holiday with me and we all met him for the first time in DFW airport, he looks more like my mum than I do so we all recognised eachother which was amazing.

So to get to the "doing something special part," my brother is sending my Mum 36 mothers day cards (as he missed Mothers Day in the UK) and he's written something about his life in each year in each card.

She is already so happy to have found him, getting all those cards is going to mean the world to her.
Thats fantastic!! My ex was adopted in the 60's and later traced his natural parents, they had married and had 3 more children, huge shock!! Hope you have a great time with your brother, what a great mothers day gift
Old May 4th 2005, 7:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

That's really sweet, great idea
Old May 4th 2005, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and her sister in laws are taking my mother in law to the English tea shop in Care Free. I sent a card home to the U.K. All good mums deserve two special days.
Old May 4th 2005, 8:42 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Awww that's wonderful. I love happy endings!