Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is This the Most Miserable Town in Britain?

Is This the Most Miserable Town in Britain?

Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:18 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Is This the Most Miserable Town in Britain?

Looks like the PC brigade are at it again....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:30 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is This the Most Miserable Town in Britain?

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Not the town per se from the comments....but the council I would say.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:32 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

It's the Daily Mail FFS!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:33 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

But I didn't have you down as a Daily Mail reader!...
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:39 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, the decision to drop Christmas lights was greeted with amazement in a borough where 99.1 per cent of residents are white.

What's that got to do with how many are Christian? It's a ridiculous decision but I can't see the connection between the number of white people and the issue.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:41 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Just another reason why I don't miss the old country ..... Crime...dog shit...Chavs and politically correct idiots .... give me a bunch of rednecks anyday
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:43 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
but I can't see the connection between the number of white people and the issue.
Bit like the connection between the Daily Mail and news, really.

Thought this was rather nice with slogans such as:
The Daily Mail, the coward’s daily dose of rascism.

Last edited by fatbrit; Nov 17th 2005 at 2:46 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:55 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Bit like the connection between the Daily Mail and news, really.

Thought this was rather nice with slogans such as:
The Daily Mail, the coward’s daily dose of rascism.
I never really paid any attention to the Daily Mail, so never realised it was that bad. I think I'll just carry on ignoring it.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

And down here you cant say Happy Christmas. You're supposed to say Happy Holidays. Not that that stops me. I got looks of horror and shock last year for wishing people happy xmas...and the irony is i'm an atheist. So its not my problem, as I see it, if they cant accept me saying it.

So its not just in the UK.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:14 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
AI got looks of horror and shock last year for wishing people happy xmas...and the irony is i'm an atheist.
Hehe - me too!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I have said this before but last year I was amazed that a lady I know who is an Apartment Manager reported one of her colleagues for wishing the tenants A happy Christmas she was incredulous about it.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:56 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I cring when I hear Happy Christmas, I prefer Merry Christmas! I say to anyone & everyone, I don't care who they are or what they believe or don't as the case may be!!! I love saying it!!! PC or not, I care not a jot!!!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by neil
Yesterday, the decision to drop Christmas lights was greeted with amazement in a borough where 99.1 per cent of residents are white.

What's that got to do with how many are Christian? .
I would assume because the vast majority (probably in the high 90% range) of white people in Britain are Christians and celebrate Christmas and would not be offended by traditional Christmas lights or celebrations.

I'm an Athiest but I'm not offended by Christmas, Ramadam or Diwali celebrations. It's called "Tolerance". Scrapping something doesn't teach tolerance, it just shows ignorance.

The trouble here is that all the liberal "save the gay whale brigade" do when they decide to cancel a traditional event in an effort to promote racial/religious harmony, is foster even more of a divide between different races/religions. It puts people's back up.

I can't see them stopping Diwali in Hounslow because it might offend the local white population, why? Because it doesn't offend anyone (well maybe a few idiots).

Instead of hiding our cultures traditions they would been better advised to invite the local Muslim/Hindu/Sikh/Jewish and Jedi's to join the celebration. That would've been a stepping stone to promoting harmony but instead these idiots take away something that kids of all cultures enjoy looking at.

I hope the local populace show their contempt next time at the polls.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Partystar
I cring when I hear Happy Christmas, I prefer Merry Christmas! I say to anyone & everyone, I don't care who they are or what they believe or don't as the case may be!!! I love saying it!!! PC or not, I care not a jot!!!
You are correct.

""Merry Christmas and a happy (or prosperous) New Year""

""Happy Holidays"" my arse!!!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:07 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman

The trouble here is that all the liberal "save the gay whale brigade"
That's "Helping Large Aquatic mammals in a caring and monogamous relationship with a partner of the same gender" to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.