Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Most Dangerous States 2006.....

Most Dangerous States 2006.....

Old Apr 8th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Dangerous States 2006.....

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
#48 and true enough we don't lock our car or our front door. In fact, I wish someone would nick our rust bucket...I've been waiting for it to happen for ages
Leave it out the front and put a price on it. It will get nicked.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 7:34 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
leave the keys in it and park it in another state?
We do that in NH and Maine often...still no friggin luck
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

We do that in NH and Maine often...still no friggin luck
that's your problem, unless you park it in Portland, Bangor or Augusta...best bet would be CT
Old Apr 9th 2006, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Interesting read, check out how safe is your state....the Governments most dangerous States 2006......

.....http://www.governmentguide.com/commu...ngerstates.adp

Im at number 20, so not bad..
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

The UK is smaller in physical size than a fair number of individual American States but has a far greater population than any single US State. If the UK was the 51st State of the American Union, what position do you think it would rate on that Most Dangerous States list?

Cheers

Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:46 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

#48 and true enough we don't lock our car or our front door. In fact, I wish someone would nick our rust bucket...I've been waiting for it to happen for ages
Isn't that just the truth???!!!!

I tell folk back home that this must be the only country in the world whereby you leave your luxury unlocked SUV parked in the driveway all night, and know it will be there in the morning, and keep your broken down furniture and other crap in the garage cos if you left it in the driveway, it would be gone in the morning
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:22 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap

I tell folk back home that this must be the only country in the world whereby you leave your luxury unlocked SUV parked in the driveway all night, and know it will be there in the morning, and keep your broken down furniture and other crap in the garage cos if you left it in the driveway, it would be gone in the morning

lol, that is so true and funny! I remember arriving in this country just before winter began. One of the most amazing sights was a sunday morning bagel shop with huge number luxury cars outside, all with the keys in and the engines running - all the owners were inside the shop and you couldn't see out the shop window! Many were in the shop for a good 10 minutes waiting to pick up their supply of bagels. There never seemed to be the belief that there car wouldn't be there when they got out.

I wonder if the figures have any bearing on the population of the state as a whole and the number of cities have have problems? As pointed out NJ has at least 3 problem areas (Paterson is another area to avoid) but is heavily populated as a state. If it had the same population as North Dakota would it be at number one?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:27 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

This report seems almost meaningless because it oversimplifies the ground truth of crime in the US.

Crime in the US is incredibly high in certain very localized ares but the vast majority is as safe as Switzerland. For example, the town I live is extremely safe while West Chicago (about fifteen miles away) has a murder rate similar to Cali, Colombia. In urban Chicago (as in most US cities), it's even more localized. In the South Loop you can go from a gangbanger's warzone to yuppie million-dollar condoland in the space of two blocks.

Looking at it on a state-wide basis isn't nearly granular enough and the resulting data is misleading.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 2:22 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap

I hear ya. It's frigging insane. Often in the summer we leave the front and back door open to let some cool air in overnight. One time we had accidently left a box of crap from the garage out on the lawn. Next morning it had gone. Obviously they had thought it was the freebie leftovers from a yard sale, the poor buggers
Old Apr 10th 2006, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I hear ya. It's frigging insane. Often in the summer we leave the front and back door open to let some cool air in overnight. One time we had accidently left a box of crap from the garage out on the lawn. Next morning it had gone. Obviously they had thought it was the freebie leftovers from a yard sale, the poor buggers
I think if it looks like you've put old stuff out for collection people just help themselves. Which I don't mind good luck to them I don't want it.