Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The most annoying habit

The most annoying habit

Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:22 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default The most annoying habit

Last night I saw the last 10 minutes of Miss Teen USA ( )
I couldn't tell you a thing about the show, except I noticed that the girl who won had the most annoying habit of grinding her teeth whilst smiling I couldn't take my eyes off those teeth gnawing up and down the whole time (yes, I know she was probably nervous, but hey, it was still cringe worthy watching it)
That got me thinking......
What's the most annoying habit other people have?
Had to word the question that way round of course, doubt any one would say what their own worst habits are.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 3:22 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

I HATE ppl who sit next to me on the train and keep sniff sniff sniffing. Use a hankey, for Chrissakes!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 3:37 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The most annoying habit

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
I couldn't tell you a thing about the show, except I noticed that the girl who won had the most annoying habit of grinding her teeth whilst smiling I couldn't take my eyes off those teeth gnawing up and down the whole time (yes, I know she was probably nervous, but hey, it was still cringe worthy watching it)
Had to word the question that way round of course, doubt any one would say what their own worst habits are.
Actually the MOST annoying habit I can think of as demonstrated by Americans is that they all seem to be self appointed experts on immigration law. I have lost track of the number of times I have been told by otherwise intelligent people, "Oh, you are married to an American so you automatically become a US citizen, right?"
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
Actually the MOST annoying habit I can think of as demonstrated by Americans is that they all seem to be self appointed experts on immigration law. .....
And therein lies the problem with almost all advice posted by Americans on the US immigration boards!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:10 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

the americans by where i live have a terrible habit of chewing tobacco, thats ok but then they spit it out yuk!!!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:14 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by candy wy.
the americans by where i live have a terrible habit of chewing tobacco, thats ok but then they spit it out yuk!!!!!!
Yes, that is a pretty revolting habit. Around here they carry soft drink cans in their pickup trucks to express their noxious juices into. It is as revolting as travelling on the Northern Line on a very hot day...
Old Aug 13th 2003, 7:21 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
Actually the MOST annoying habit I can think of as demonstrated by Americans is that they all seem to be self appointed experts on immigration law. I have lost track of the number of times I have been told by otherwise intelligent people, "Oh, you are married to an American so you automatically become a US citizen, right?"
Spot on there Stumpy.

I have heard that alot too.

as with the chewing "baccy" habit, I have worked in several places were the yanks just spit and chew 'skol' all day, I had one guy come out to the warehouse where I was working one day and flob that black stuff all over the floor, I wasn't very impressed and he could see that on my face, within 5 mins he had it cleared up and promised never to do it again.

I had a primary school teacher (mean old crow)threaten us to rub our faces in our spit if she ever got us doing it in the play ground, her words have haunted me ever since.
:scared:
Old Aug 13th 2003, 7:25 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by candy wy.

It also causes gum rot and cancer, I remember a program (john cravens newsround back in the 80's) were american teenagers partically in baseball would have these little tea bag looking sacks with tobacco in them just big enough to wedge between your lip and gum, one kid that got addicted had no teeth and black rotted gums........nice habit eh!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 7:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
It also causes gum rot and cancer .....
..... of the lips, gums, tongue, palate and throat! Bleugh!

Does anyone remember the Skoal Bandit fiasco in the early 80's? The British government stumped up, I think, £50 million to subsidize the building of a factory to make those little tea-bag's of tobacco in an unemployment blackspot in Scotland - before realizing the health implications and not allowing the factory to open. That was more tax-payers cash down the tubes!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ladyofthelake

Okay DON'T get me started on this thread!!
MOST annoying habit of American Men - excuse my bluntness (ladies forgive me - and any decent American men out there) but my experience has been that Yanky men have NO social skills or opposite sex etiquette when it comes to B(.)(.)bs !
They STARE - plain and simple! They don't even care that they are being OBVIOUS about it! They don't care if I notice - how disrespectful is that? They don't even PRETEND not to be looking when I notice. They talk to your breasts! If I move there I am going to get a t-shirt that says - look up! They have a face! British men sneak a peek - I have worked in offices for years and years with many British and European men and only a couple of times have I caught them looking a little lower than perhaps they should and then they look away again really quick (bless LOL) BUT the moment I get off the plane in Boston - it starts. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no Jordan and I don't wear necklines split to the waist, but this doesn't seem to matter anyway.
Any other ladies noticed the 'eyeballs out on stalks' in the US?? (now don't leave me feeling paranoid!!! )
Old Aug 13th 2003, 9:48 pm
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point

My eldest daughter has just started an annoying habit of blowing bubbles with her spit - yuck, it makes me cringe and shout a lot.

My annoying habit (according to my darling hubby) is grinding my teeth in my sleep and his is snoring loud enough to wake the dead (and me).

I abhor spitting, it is digusting and spreads disease, it should be outlawed.

Emm.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point

The habit I hate the most is women who sit opposite me on a bench or something (e.g. train) and cross/uncross their legs teasing me with a flash. A little bit too much, but not quite enough. Its especially bad in the summer of course.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 1:17 pm
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RaymanInPA
The habit I hate the most is women who sit opposite me on a bench or something (e.g. train) and cross/uncross their legs teasing me with a flash. A little bit too much, but not quite enough. Its especially bad in the summer of course.

Have you ever thought that perhaps they are a little hot and trying to sit comfortably without some guy trying to look up their skirt?

Why is it that when the weather is hot and you want to wear something cool and comfortable that guys always think you are dressing to 'tease' them or trying to attract their attention? It is a habit I find most annoying.

Another habit I find annoying is people who write in colour to attract attention, black is much easier to read. I used to write letters in colour once but then I was about 14 at the time.

Emm.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 2:06 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thats it, all women dress to try and tease you. There only goal is to get you excited before you go to work. They aren't dressing for work or uncomfortable on the train seat they are giving you a private show of their underwear.

All this time I thought the earth revolved around the sun when in fact it revolves around you!

Patrick

Old Aug 14th 2003, 2:58 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I dont want to stir too much controversy with my first post
Taken from .http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=4
This seems laughable to me, as this is exactly what you did with that post and every other post from then on.
Not content with irritating the hell out of Patrick, you are now trying to see how many women you can upset with your comments.
I for one, will not be wasting any more of my time reading your posts or posting about/to you. You're not worth it.

Last edited by ladyofthelake; Aug 14th 2003 at 3:16 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.