Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

MORTGAGE PAYMENT QUESTION??

MORTGAGE PAYMENT QUESTION??

Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

explorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to all
Default Re: MORTGAGE PAYMENT QUESTION??

Sub prime used to be indicated with a credit score of 620 and under. There are other factors but if you had a score of 620 or under then you were going to get a sub prime mortgage.
Since the "credit crunch" sub prime is now considered as 680 or below. Also keep in mind that if you are getting a mortgage over $419k then it is considered a jumbo mortgage and a whole extra set of rules apply.

Just for comparison I've been quoted approx $3000 per month PITI on a $409k mortgage with 5% down (finance approx $385K using an 80/15 loan) at 6.125%.

Hope this helps

Roy
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

KentuckyYid is on a distinguished road

I work in the mortgage industry as a loan officer and would happily answer any questions that haven't been answered already. Contact me if you like, I could very probably get you a good deal too if you're still looking.

Note to another poster - $417k is the conforming limit, anything above $417k is Jumbo.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:31 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by explorerman
Sub prime used to be indicated with a credit score of 620 and under. There are other factors but if you had a score of 620 or under then you were going to get a sub prime mortgage.
Since the "credit crunch" sub prime is now considered as 680 or below. Also keep in mind that if you are getting a mortgage over $419k then it is considered a jumbo mortgage and a whole extra set of rules apply.
The only rule in mortgage lending is.....that there are no rules!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=fatbrit;5454354]The only rule in mortgage lending is.....that there are no rules![/QUOTE]

I wish that were true but Fannie & Freddie guidelines have certainly tightened up.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

I'm still closing prime loans with scores under 680. It's about knowing your product and guidelines in getting things done. A lot of the experienced loan officers have left the industry and have been replaced by new officers without any experience.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

In no particular order the following are the key ingredients to your mortgage.

FICO
LTV (Loan to value)
DTI (Debt to income)

You could have an 800 FICO but if your DTI was too high you wouldn't get approved on full documentation. Reduced Doc programs do not go up to 100% financing anymore.