Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The moron sinks to new depths

The moron sinks to new depths

Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:30 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default The moron sinks to new depths

Bush has launched his reelection campaign by saying he is a war president in a country at war(?)(with who, did I miss something) by showing images of 9/11 in his ads.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3534533.stm

and they are being defended by Giuliani

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ush/index.html

fox news does its normal trick of sticking its nose up his arse by saying people should be reminded of the leadership he brought to the country after 9/11 - of course fox news is run by Bushes cousin!

Patrick
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry's team now need to make an ad with Bush falling asleep at the wheel to counteract this.

How he can have the cheek to use 9/11 for his own gain when his government screwed up on national security in such a big way is beyond me.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't parade Saddam Hussein around on his campaigning bandwagon...

I used to laugh at my gran shaking her fist at the telly screen whenever she saw harold Wilson on there- now I go one better, I throw my slippers at the screen every time that bloody idiot, smirky, shows his face- its a good job we have a protective screen on the telly- but I usually get him smack on the face Gives me a bit of satisfaction anyway- even if I don't have a vote.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The moron sinks to new depths

Originally posted by Patrick
Bush has launched his reelection campaign by saying he is a war president in a country at war(?)(with who, did I miss something) by showing images of 9/11 in his ads.

fox news does its normal trick of sticking its nose up his arse by saying people should be reminded of the leadership he brought to the country after 9/11 - of course fox news is run by Bushes cousin!

Patrick
The NYFD has strongly criticised his use of the twin towers and an image of a fireman as being inappropriate. There are depths he will go to i'm sure that will make us cringe even more.

Patrick>>Is bushes cousin REALLY in charge of fox news. I never watch the shitty channel, it reminds me too much of a leni riefenstahl film with the out-right bias and propaganda.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 11:56 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Muswell Hill

Patrick>>Is bushes cousin REALLY in charge of fox news. I never watch the shitty channel, it reminds me too much of a leni riefenstahl film with the out-right bias and propaganda.
John Ellis is GWB's Bush's cousin and is a high ranking exec at Fox News, apparently it was he who decided to call GWB the winner at the last election (remember no news channel would say who won because it was so close, fox was the first to call before the votes where in). He was quoted as saying "I am loyal to my cousin, Governor George Bush of Texas. I put that loyalty ahead of my loyalty to anyone else outside my immediate family" before he was hired!

Jeb Bush (gov of fl) is John Ellis Bush (JEB)

Patrick
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:16 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick
He said he wouldn't do it, too. What a lousy lot they all are, aren't they?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Taffyles
Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't parade Saddam Hussein around on his campaigning bandwagon...

I used to laugh at my gran shaking her fist at the telly screen whenever she saw harold Wilson on there- now I go one better, I throw my slippers at the screen every time that bloody idiot, smirky, shows his face- its a good job we have a protective screen on the telly- but I usually get him smack on the face Gives me a bit of satisfaction anyway- even if I don't have a vote.
I usually switch off whenever he comes on. I pay for my telly coverage and I don't want this smirking, head bobbing prick on there, he makes me physically sick everytime I see him.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

lau3rie is on a distinguished road

Patrick
for all that this is a questionable and moronic tactic, i think the response to it has been worse...one article I read quoted someone as saying that "I would rather vote for Saddam Hussein now."
While any vote that's not going to Bush is a good vote (in my reckoning) this just seems to be too much of an immature over reaction.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lau3rie
for all that this is a questionable and moronic tactic, i think the response to it has been worse...one article I read quoted someone as saying that "I would rather vote for Saddam Hussein now."
While any vote that's not going to Bush is a good vote (in my reckoning) this just seems to be too much of an immature over reaction.

Anything that helps prevent George W's re-election must be good, whether it be immature or otherwise!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 9:28 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by CitySimon
Anything that helps prevent George W's re-election must be good, whether it be immature or otherwise!
I think a straight choice between Bush and Saddam would be about the only thing that could make me vote for Bush (not that I have a vote here). But I think this barrel-scraping tactic will backfire on Bush as badly as the "demon eyes" advert backfired on the Tories, if not worse.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nxylas
a straight choice between Bush and Saddam...
I have to admit that it is a difficult choice!
Old Mar 6th 2004, 4:54 am
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by nxylas
I think a straight choice between Bush and Saddam would be about the only thing that could make me vote for Bush
On a global scale you have to say Bush is more dangerous than Saddam. Saddam only killed his own and invaded his neighbors, Bush is killing the planet and invading countries all over the place.

Bush is insane and thinks he is at war, with who I don't know. Both Bush and Saddam keep their people in line by lies, deceit and fear.

At least you know that Saddam is just evil, but Bush is evil and stupid which makes him unpredictable - far worse.

Patrick
Old Mar 6th 2004, 6:16 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Both Bush and Saddam keep their people in line by lies, deceit and fear.
Kinda sounds like Hitler

Gee, I hope my immigration officer doesn't read this thread
Old Mar 6th 2004, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Steve1962 is an unknown quantity at this point

On a global scale you have to say Bush is more dangerous than Saddam. Saddam only killed his own and invaded his neighbors, Bush is killing the planet and invading countries all over the place.

Bush is insane and thinks he is at war, with who I don't know. Both Bush and Saddam keep their people in line by lies, deceit and fear.

At least you know that Saddam is just evil, but Bush is evil and stupid which makes him unpredictable - far worse.

Patrick

It seems to me Saddam was pretty stupid too. He could have allowed UN weapons inspectors free access throughout Iraq and it turns out they would not have found any WMD. Bush would have had no pretext (tho he may have invented another one) for his war.

Steve
Old Mar 6th 2004, 3:21 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, but Saddam needed the threat of WMDs in order to seem like a big man to his own people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.