Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

More TSA Security

More TSA Security

Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:40 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More TSA Security

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Many incidents of that you recall ABY?
Let me check...

Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

SEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to behold

You are quite right, so none of us should mind if there is extra security now. Right?
I don't think anybody here would mind extra EFFECTIVE security. But all they're implementing is ridiculous window-dressing that will achieve nothing but causing inconvenience to innocent travellers.

I would be fine with everybody having to have a full-body patdown - wouldn't be terribly happy about it, but at least it would be useful in actually catching the villains.

If they eliminated carry-on entirely, that would make sense, while being horribly annoying. But instead they half-arse it, which makes it pointless.

It's all just to be seen to be doing something.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:42 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Stupidity before security.

"Only one carry on? No electronics for the first hour of flight? I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks." - Bruce Schneier.
Bruce Schneier should be required reading for every Government or other employee who has any responsibility for public safety or security.

And a few of the posters in this thread too
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

As I posted elsewhere, think about El Al. Their passengers don't complain about security.

I wonder why.
And do any of their security measures actually force people to piss/shit themselves because they can't get up in the last hour of the flight? From your previous post, it doesn't sound like they do. If all the security measures occured before the flight that would actually make sense wouldn't it?
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

As I posted elsewhere, think about El Al. Their passengers don't complain about security.

I wonder why.
Funny I lived in Israel for a while and always flew EL AL, but guess what, they were very concerned with security of passengers not my hair grips or metal nail file, i wonder why!
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and yes you could use the toilet, whenever you wanted.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

You are quite right, so none of us should mind if there is extra security now. Right?
The majority of comments on this and similar threads are not against security in general, but against the arbitrary stupidity of the current set of rules - rules that were hastily thrown together as a knee-jerk reaction to Friday's event. I'm willing to bet good money that there will be substantial modifications to these rules in the near future, as cooler heads prevail.

You seem to be blindly accepting any and all measures as 'instructions from our leaders' that we all must follow dutifully.

I realize now that you don't even live in the US ... I don't think you've fully grasped the true nature of the US psyche ... questioning authority is a somewhat basic philosophy of this fine country - a country you have yet to even live in. Perhaps you should reconsider your intention to move here if you don't like it when people challenge authority.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I think Dunroving was actually agreeing with you...
Correct.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Franc111s - you are quoting the wrong person - Dunroving is agreeing with you and arguing with 'GinBlossom' ...
Thank you.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

but the extra security will not stop it. The security that should have stopped it was in place but not properly used. I have read enough in the media to understand they had sufficient information under the security systems in place before hand to know he should never have got on the aircraft. There was one very obvious indicator which should have singled him out and the weapon found.

If you knew very much about airport and airline security you would be arguing to put right what went wrong and not put in place useless measures which serve no purpose.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:13 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Franc111s - you are quoting the wrong person - Dunroving is agreeing with you and arguing with 'GinBlossom' ...
oops. Sorry.... Too much egg nog...
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:13 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by franc111s
What a silly statement. What about people who have jobs and have to fly? You don't get paid overtime typically if you are in a job that involves flying. It means less time with that persons family as they wait in line.

It's idiots like you that say we have to live with this when the truth is, we don't. I am ALL for more security, in fact the more the better BUT not pathetic stuff that won't work. I bet you are one of those that don't agree to profiling.

You've got a guy that boarded a flight to the USA when we are supposed to all now have bio-metric passports (that cost a fortune) and they scan the lists before we fly!. He was banned from the UK and had known terror-ties. And his own father told authorities he was a fanatic. And you want me to have more security that would NOT have prevented this same guy doing the same thing again! None of the new measures would have prevented this. Muppet.

This guy could get up and mix his chemicals in the first 9 hours of the flight - because he can't get up for the last hour now. Muppet.

This guy would have to calculate when he was over US soil. I'm sure someone like Homer Simpson wouldn't even be fooled by that silyl rule. Duh. How about when the plane starts it's descent! or when then tell you "Sorry, you can't get up, we are in the last hour of the flight". Duh.

No, this is all wrong. We have muppets managing the security and some of the stuff to fix this is easy and it does NOT involve more inconvenience. It involves COMMON sense, profiling, and better technology (that's already here). Heck, I'll feel safer when we can breeze through security because I'll know they've got it right. Muppet.
Careful who you're calling muppet, you ... never mind. Just read some of my posts on this topic over the past 48 hours and you'll see where I'm coming from.
Attached Thumbnails More TSA Security-muppet.jpg  
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:14 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why.
perhaps because they do necessary security and not a waste of time knee jerk reactions.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:15 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of comments on this and similar threads are not against security in general, but against the arbitrary stupidity of the current set of rules - rules that were hastily thrown together as a knee-jerk reaction to Friday's event.
What's going to be more problematic is the way (or variety of ways) those new rules will be implemented. They have to be followed by 'people' who will, undoubtedly, apply different standards, all of which will simply create more frustration and annoyance to passengers who cannot see the logic.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:21 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

It's not as derogatory as it sounds but it sure wasn't intend for you. Sorry mate. I'm more of a muppet than anyone.. this err proves it. LOL.

We are on the same page. I actually think if we took a stance against the terrorists by not appeasing to all this shite then we might start winning. Can you imagine how much they are laughing because we are allowed 10 rolls of 4 oz's of toothpaste but not allowed a single 8 oz tube!

Originally Posted by dunroving
Careful who you're calling muppet, you ... never mind. Just read some of my posts on this topic over the past 48 hours and you'll see where I'm coming from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.