Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

More TSA Security

More TSA Security

Old Dec 27th 2009, 8:57 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default More TSA Security

Here we go again . Millions of people now can't get up on a plane within an hour of a flight left (which could mean 2 hours or more if your delayed in the air). You can't even use a laptop anymore within the hour or two).

it's pathetic. This guy was on a watch list and his Dad contacted US authorities to warn he was a danger (and the UK barred him from entering the UK). And because of the screw ups by our Governments NOW we have to go through more checks that will me meaningless and punish us all (businesses and personal).

We are letting the terrorists win. All they have to do is say BOOH and we all forced to change the way we travel again.

I for one won't feel ANY safer until our Governments do their part properly and that ain't EVER going to happen, is it?

End RANT.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 9:10 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More TSA Security

......We're sheep.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Not getting the bit about making people sit down for the last hour of the flight.
I mean, If you were future Islamic nutjob with a bomb and you managed to board a flight knowing that you would be confined to your seat for the last hour, wouldn't you just attempt to set your bomb off *before* that point anyway?

Am I missing something, or have I been playing too many Wii games lately?
Old Dec 27th 2009, 10:40 pm

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

No, you are not missing anything. It's all pathetic and I hope we eventually make a stand because the last thing this country needs is another layer of security on top of something that obviously never has worked.

Did someone say profiling? yes ME !

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
Not getting the bit about making people sit down for the last hour of the flight.
I mean, If you were future Islamic nutjob with a bomb and you managed to board a flight knowing that you would be confined to your seat for the last hour, wouldn't you just attempt to set your bomb off *before* that point anyway?

Old Dec 27th 2009, 10:41 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

The guy was in his seat anyway, from what I understood. It would actually make more sense to FORCE everyone to get out of their seats for the last hour.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 10:44 pm

And from the NY times - if it wasn't serious this would be hilarious....

"Airline officials also said the carriers were told to turn off the maps on in-flight entertainment systems that show a plane’s location. The rule apparently was intended to prevent travelers from knowing when a plane had reached the United States. However, industry officials pointed out there are route maps in the backs of airline magazines, and that a traveler could simply time the journey using a watch"

Or I guess you could look out of the friggen window. or sense when the plane started it's descent or 15 mins when they told you not to get out of you seat.

MADNESS.........
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the proof this is happening btw?

These are the new rules of the game. If you object, don't get a plane ride.

You'll soon change your tune when one of these fockers succeeds in their objectives.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:23 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Where is the proof this is happening btw?

You'll soon change your tune when one of these fockers succeeds in their objectives.
And toss out your brain while you're at it.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

No one is forced to take a plane trip.

If you object in principle to the measures being undertaken to enforce security, then don't buy a ticket.

Find alternative means whereby your route, and any travel restrictions don't conflict with your political and philosophical reasoning.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm so how does one manage to travel at short notice to Europe or the Far East then? By boat? By submarine? By amphibious landing craft??

He didn't succeed. All these new rules do is punish everybody else, that's 99.9999999999999999% of the traveling public. I guarantee you anybody stupid enough to think they could blow up a plane by setting light to themselves without attracting attention and being jumped on by at least 6 other passengers is an idiot.

I totally agree with franc111s. We lost our freedoms 8 years ago and it's getting worse. BL & Co have already won. Ginblossom and his like are speeding the decline into a "your papers please"
society.

Last edited by Brit3964; Dec 28th 2009 at 12:13 am.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Boeing just announced a new version of their B787 Dreamliner to meet the new TSA rules on International airline travel to the USA....
Attached Thumbnails More TSA Security-conair.jpg  

Last edited by Brit3964; Dec 28th 2009 at 12:50 am.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:05 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
And toss out your brain while you're at it.
Stop feeding the troll....
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:05 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

No one is forced to take a plane trip.

If you object in principle to the measures being undertaken to enforce security, then don't buy a ticket.

Find alternative means whereby your route, and any travel restrictions don't conflict with your political and philosophical reasoning.
No, no-one has a gun held to their head and forced to travel, but plane travel is essential for many and the old "if you don't like it, then don't travel by plane" saw is getting pretty tedious.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Nothing more to add, my feelings are pretty clear on the matter. Others disagree, have different opinions and that's all good and fine too. Nothing troll like about having a different opinion or disagreement.

The moans aside, this is the new forward for airline security, and yes, you have to suck it up if you want to travel by airline.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 11:51 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

This may sound really weird (and let me just say I think the whole thing is silly too) but the reason there is a ban on the 'last hour' is because the nutjobs really want to detonate "over American soil". In interviews with failed plots and intercepts of their communications, just blowing up over the ocean isn't good enough. They want it to rain down fire and engine parts onto US soil.

Doesn't make much sense to me but that's why the last hour is 'banned'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.