Reload this Page >

More on Police Certificates (UK)...

More on Police Certificates (UK)...

Old Aug 4th 2001, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a unclear about something...

The immigrant visa supplimental information sheet, Police Certificates) says:

"Police certificates are required from every visa applicant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of
the applicant’s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since
attaining the age of sixteen."

Ok, fine with that, but in the UK, these records come from the Police National Computer (PNC), there is only one PNC, so if I were to apply from several localities, they would each just be a copy of the same record, wouldn't they?

The form for the certificate requires your previous addresses, so the letter from New Scotland Yard that I have (the one with the blue bands on the top and bottom), is the entire record that they will provide, isn't it?

I applied for it from the location I currently live in but used to live in another area of the UK for about a dozen years. I guess the key question is "Do I need to apply for yet another police certificate from the other area I lived in as well"?

Brian.
Old Aug 4th 2001, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

robbiesgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Brian,

If i were you, i would perhaps get in touch with your local police station, and ask if the records from one area that you lived would be different from another. Check that the letter they have provided you with (the one with the two blue bands) would have been given to you regardless of whether you had lived in several different areas or not. From that you should be able to know whether or not you need a certificate for each place you have resided. To be honest, i think you are on the right track when you say that it would be the same as it comes from the same computer.
Old Aug 4th 2001, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

You only need one certificate from the UK. If you've also lived abroad since you were 16, you'd need a PC from those countries too.