Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

More driving questions

More driving questions

Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:54 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More driving questions

Originally Posted by traceym
12 years ago my DH took his test in California.

Being a Brit and a little worried he turned up early and waited.

Eventually he was called by a woman (his quote who seemed a 'bit odd') he was asked to drive down the road and turn right, seconds later he was asked to pull over, he assumed this was the parking bit, so he did. Woman got out of the car and asked him to wait, 20 minutes later she came back got in the car thanked him and said drive back to the test centre, which he did. En route she said he was so kind to have waited whilst she went to book her wedding, he shocked, but hey whatever, congratulated her and asked when the wedding was, reply 'Oh I don't know yet I haven't found a husband'

When they got back to the test place she told him he'd passed handed him the slip, it was covered in doodled love hearts!

He still craps himself when he has to drive past the place!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Eventually he was called by a woman (his quote who seemed a 'bit odd') he was asked to drive down the road and turn right, seconds later he was asked to pull over, he assumed this was the parking bit, so he did. Woman got out of the car and asked him to wait, 20 minutes later she came back got in the car thanked him and said drive back to the test centre, which he did. En route she said he was so kind to have waited whilst she went to book her wedding, he shocked, but hey whatever, congratulated her and asked when the wedding was, reply 'Oh I don't know yet I haven't found a husband'

When they got back to the test place she told him he'd passed handed him the slip, it was covered in doodled love hearts!

Did you road test DL applicants in California 12 years ago?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Did you road test DL applicants in California 12 years ago?
Well I guess thats a matter of opinion based on his 'test' and based on driving today I'd be shocked if they do now!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:06 pm
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

That's great
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had my driving test today and it was nothing at all like I expected. All I had to do was drive round the block with an odd left or right turn, go through a school zone, do a parallel park (with only 1 car in the entire street so if I screwed that up I would never drive again!) and then go back to the test centre. Most of the 10 minutes was spent talking to the examiner about what our dream cars were. I passed. Only downer of the morning was dealing with the idiots in the BMV who sent me off to my bank to get another bank statement as they needed 2 forms of id with address on as they are introducing new secure id driving licences. Then I gave them all my stuff and I was handed the letter from the SSA back (the one saying I am not eligible for a SSN) without her looking at it and she then asks for my SSN! I got a little printout showing me what my photo will be and what the details on my licence will be. I should get it in the mail in the next week or so. (They have to verify my id, visa etc with DHS)
I am pleased I passed as the insurance company should reduce our premiums now. Although may not make much of a difference after husband crashed the car last week!