British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   More bombings in London! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/more-bombings-london-315243/)

callé Jul 21st 2005 12:45 pm

More bombings in London!

It,s breaking news right now. Not again!! :mad: :(

sibsie Jul 21st 2005 12:55 pm

Re: More bombings in London!

I heard it was at The Oval, Warren Street and Sheps Bush.

Ray Jul 21st 2005 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by callé

Fact!!! when available ...are so much better than rumour mongering...

sibsie Jul 21st 2005 1:02 pm

BBC says the police aren't treating it as a major incident.

krizzy Jul 21st 2005 1:19 pm

From what I read it was a bit of smoke after a women said she saw a mans backpack blow up.......

sibsie Jul 21st 2005 1:24 pm

BBC News live, for those who can't get it, say that this isn't Al Quaeda, they're little firework type bombs - probably some idiot copycats trying to cause disruption. There's only 1 injury been reported. Armed police have stormed a hospital looking for one of these morons. It's not being described as a "major incident". The whole London transport network has been shut though.

krizzy Jul 21st 2005 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by sibsie
BBC News live, for those who can't get it, say that this isn't Al Quaeda, they're little firework type bombs - probably some idiot copycats trying to cause disruption. There's only 1 injury been reported. Armed police have stormed a hospital looking for one of these morons. It's not being described as a "major incident". The whole London transport network hasn't been shut though-ily

People like that need hanging by the balls in the park for Londoners to throw rocks at.....

Manc Jul 21st 2005 1:40 pm

if you are on a tube or bus in London and you see someone with a scruffy rucksack then twat em to be on the safe side.

Sure you may make a mistake and twat an australian bar worker/tourist but who cares, you'll have done the country a service anyway

sibsie Jul 21st 2005 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
Sure you may make a mistake and twat an australian bar worker/tourist but who cares, you'll have done the country a service anyway

I'm going back for a visit in a few weeks. You want me to slap a few backpackers on your behalf?

sibsie Jul 21st 2005 1:50 pm

Report from friend in London...

Pubs doing roaring trade as people decide to wait it all out over a pint or five.

Manc Jul 21st 2005 2:01 pm

I'm going back for a visit in a few weeks. You want me to slap a few backpackers on your behalf?

please feel free!

ImHere Jul 21st 2005 2:16 pm

Report from friend in London...

Pubs doing roaring trade as people decide to wait it all out over a pint or five.

Now there we see the British spirit at its finest....bombs exploding around you but it doesnt matter as long as the pub stays open. I honestly think the only way the pubs will ever be forced to close is if they nuke the place, any thing less...businessas usual. Another pint of your finest please barkeep...

NJ_Dave Jul 21st 2005 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by ImHere
Now there we see the British spirit at its finest....bombs exploding around you but it doesnt matter as long as the pub stays open. I honestly think the only way the pubs will ever be forced to close is if they nuke the place, any thing less...businessas usual. Another pint of your finest please barkeep...

As long as they don't start attacking the pubs instead of the tube stations. Then there'll be trouble :eek:

ImHere Jul 21st 2005 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by dbickle
As long as they don't start attacking the pubs instead of the tube stations. Then there'll be trouble :eek:

You see, thats the terrorists first tactical error. They think Londoners are going to be upset they cant get to work. When we all know the reality is that they now have a perfect excuse to spend the day in the pub instead.

Of course if they blow the pubs up then I think there will be 12 million Londoners marching on Al-Queidas HQ all wanting blood.

Franklin Jul 21st 2005 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by callé

Yes, pretty bad news. But casualties are very low. But must have been very traumatic for those directly caught up in it.