Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Morality Test

Morality Test

Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:43 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Morality Test

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving
an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. No one else
will know, so you won't be fooling anyone but yourself if you give
anything but a truthful answer. The test features an unlikely, completely
fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember
that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please read slowly
and thoughtfully, giving due consideration to each line.

Here's the situation:
You are in New Orleans. There is chaos all around you caused by
Hurricane Katrina. You are a photojournalist working for a major
newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this disaster. The
situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making
photos.
There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under
the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.
Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water. He is fighting for his
life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer...
somehow the man looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is.... It's
George W. Bush, President of the United States! At the same time you
notice that the raging waters are about to take him under... forever. You
have two options - you can save the life of G.W. Bush, or you can shoot a
dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of
the world's most powerful men.

So here's the question, and please give an honest answer:

Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the
classic simplicity of black and white?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:52 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future
Default Re: Morality Test

Originally Posted by Patrick
This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving
an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. No one else
will know, so you won't be fooling anyone but yourself if you give
anything but a truthful answer. The test features an unlikely, completely
fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember
that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please read slowly
and thoughtfully, giving due consideration to each line.

Here's the situation:
You are in New Orleans. There is chaos all around you caused by
Hurricane Katrina. You are a photojournalist working for a major
newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this disaster. The
situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making
photos.
There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under
the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.
Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water. He is fighting for his
life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer...
somehow the man looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is.... It's
George W. Bush, President of the United States! At the same time you
notice that the raging waters are about to take him under... forever. You
have two options - you can save the life of G.W. Bush, or you can shoot a
dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of
the world's most powerful men.

So here's the question, and please give an honest answer:

Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the
classic simplicity of black and white?
First of all, I had to laugh when I saw a thread titled "morality test" started by Patrick.

Secondly, that joke has been around since 1751 using a variety of presidents, their wives and other celebrities as the "evil" victim of drowning.

Please, please get some up-to-date material for gawd's sake.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:03 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Secondly, that joke has been around since 1751 using a variety of presidents, their wives and other celebrities as the "evil" victim of drowning.:
the camera wasnt invented until 1888, how was the joke structured for the 123 years in between, you are a portrait painter in New Orleans.....

It has to be a joke, like GW would be anywhere near a disaster (his presidency aside)
Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:14 pm
Pagan Sex God

First of all, I had to laugh when I saw a thread titled "morality test" started by Patrick. :

Thats because your a republican and think its morally alright to lie and deceive in order to get your way. You think that it is morally justified to put profits before people and that money is more important than life. You think morally it is OK to spend $300 billion dollars to rebuild a country rich in oil and 5000 miles away and spend only $25 rebuilding Louisina and Alabama. You think that morally it is OK for lies to have killed over 2000 allied soldiers.
Morally it is OK to destroy the planet by not doing anything about global warming and give tax incentives to those destroying it. Morally it is OK to pass a tax burden of $100billion onto future generations by keeping taxes low for the rich. You think its morally OK to give jobs to unqualified people because they are your friends.

If we are going by the morals of the republican party, then yes it is funny
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thats because your a republican and think its morally alright to lie and deceive in order to get your way. You think that it is morally justified to put profits before people and that money is more important than life. You think morally it is OK to spend $300 billion dollars to rebuild a country rich in oil and 5000 miles away and spend only $25 rebuilding Louisina and Alabama. You think that morally it is OK for lies to have killed over 2000 allied soldiers.
Morally it is OK to destroy the planet by not doing anything about global warming and give tax incentives to those destroying it. Morally it is OK to pass a tax burden of $100billion onto future generations by keeping taxes low for the rich. You think its morally OK to give jobs to unqualified people because they are your friends.

I always love a good Republican vs. Democrat debate.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:22 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Yes of course I do Patrick. Whatever you say Patrick
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course I do Patrick. Whatever you say Patrick
instead of fobbing the question off,

do you think what is/has been going on acceptable?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
instead of fobbing the question off,

do you think what is/has been going on acceptable?
Sorry, his posts are really too moronic for me to take seriously and put any effort into responding to.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, his posts are really too moronic for me to take seriously and put any effort into responding to.
Are you a politician by any chance?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:04 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

If you're not outraged by what's going on, then you're not paying attention.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:10 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I always love a good Republican vs. Democrat debate.

I refuse to be labeled a democrat, I am a european.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:15 pm
Pagan Sex God

then stop ficking annoying me by responding. I am taking it that by moronic you mean have common sense, intellect, research and the truth.

I love it when someone is so blinded by their beleifs they have no room for the truth. Apparently God told GW to go to war, you obviously consider that acceptable!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

then stop ficking annoying me by responding. I am taking it that by moronic you mean have common sense, intellect, research and the truth.

I love it when someone is so blinded by their beleifs they have no room for the truth. Apparently God told GW to go to war, you obviously consider that acceptable!
The really worrying thing about that is that we now have to opposing sides that both believe their particular God has told them to go to war against the others. That definitely bodes of the not well variety to me.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

I refuse to be labeled a democrat, I am a european.
can I label you "Fast Edit Patrick"?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

deja-vu?

Still...turning out to be far more interesting than the other thread with this joke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.