Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Monthly expenditure in PA to live....???

Monthly expenditure in PA to live....???

Old Aug 12th 2005, 1:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monthly expenditure in PA to live....???

Electric bill will probably be quite high in summer with AC, and heating bill in winter could be quite high depending on how the place gets heated as well...but I don't think it gets quite as cold out there as it does in Maine
Old Aug 12th 2005, 1:32 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deaks
The healthcare for me is paid by my employer, and the rest of the family are covered for about $500 - $600 a month. Does that sound about right??

I cant get my head around the US tax system. My deductions a month in the UK are in excess of £800.

I suppose the things I need average costings on are :-

morgage
property tax (rates in the UK)
utility bills:-
water
sewage
gas
electricity
phone
trash collection
food
car insurance
gas (petrol)
+ anything else I've forgotten :-)

If anyone has an excel spreadsheet with their costings on that they would be prepared to either PM or email me that would be great. I promise that I would only be using it as a guide for me and would NOT under any circumstances post it on the net.

So who else on here is living in PA???

Thanks in advance

Andrew (deaks)
I'm in PA - there's just the two of us, so our outgoings may be useful to you if you divide them by 2 and multiply by 5.... We're in Pittsburgh too. The spreadsheet's on the other machine - will try and PM it tomorrow.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 1:59 am
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all

Hi Deaks, we live in eastern PA near Allentown wqe lease 2 vehicles from Chrysler a Jeep and Town & Country combined this costs us $622 per month then there is car insurance that runs now at $145 per month before we had our PA drivers lisense it was $460 per month. Utilities can be expensive especially electricity,telephone and cable combined around $300 per month. Gas is getting expensive I paid $2.39 today. We rent at present will buy next year when we have built up our credit rating. We are both on good salaries around $90-$100,000 per year and it is still hard. What work are you going to be doing? Just remember the grass is not alwys greener I am lucky I love it here but I know many Brits who hate it. America has a lot to offer but it has some negatives also. I wish you both luck in your move it is very hard and long road ahead.