Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moaning Mancs

Wikiposts

Moaning Mancs

Old Feb 10th 2004, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Moaning Mancs

Manchester United fans are planning to stage a major protest against the club's principal shareholders at the Cheltenham Festival in March.
The United 4 Action group are hoping up to 250 fans will take part in the demonstration against Irish racing tycoons John Magnier and JP McManus.

The protest is planned to take place on Gold Cup day on Thursday 18 March.

The fans are upset at Magnier's continuing dispute with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ferguson is suing Magnier over the stud rights to racehorse Rock of Gibraltar.

McManus and Magnier have since caused consternation at Old Trafford by posing 99 questions to the board about the club's transfer dealings.

Cheltenham's managing director Edward Gillespie confirmed he has received a request to stage a demonstration.

We want them to sell their shares and give the club back to the fans, because we don't want them

Protest leader United 4 Action founder Sean Murphy said he was waiting for a response from the course, but the protest would go ahead regardless.

"We don't want to cause any disruption but we want to get the message across to John Magnier and JP McManus that we want them to sell their shares in Manchester United and give the club back to the fans, because we don't want them," he said.

"We've been in touch with the authorities at Cheltenham asking for permission to be able to hold a peaceful, vocal protest - at a place they designate.

"If the racecourse doesn't give us permission we will revert to Plan B, which is to protest at a time and place at the track that has already been arranged.

"I'm not going to say where or when that will be - but it will cause huge embarrassment."

United fans disrupted racing at Hereford earlier this month.

About 30 fans burst onto the track, carrying banners declaring "Quit the horseplay Coolmore" and "United not for sale".

The club responded by urging its fans not to carry out any more demonstrations

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Will one of them throw themselves under Magnier's horse a la suffragette at the 1913 Derby ?
Old Feb 11th 2004, 1:57 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I sincerely doubt they are from Manchester.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

That reminds me. How can I put a bet on the Gold Cup when there are no bookies in OH?
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:03 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
That reminds me. How can I put a bet on the Gold Cup when there are no bookies in OH?
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:32 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
http://www.oddschecker.com/

Originally posted by Manc1976
I sincerely doubt they are from Manchester.
Listen out for the Surrey or Irish accents.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

They will be Horse Crashers instead of Planecrashers this time ?