MMR Vaccine

Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

britnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to behold
Default MMR Vaccine

This is following on from another thread really (but that was to do with schooling) and maybe it SHOULD be in the visa forum but I thought I'd try it here first.

Do I (at 42 years old) REALLY have to have an MMR vaccination before I am allowed into the country?
I already had the requisite rubella shot in my teens.
Has anyone else had to have MMR at advanced years? (My girls both have had it 'routinely' recently at school)

I don't like needles at the best of times!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MMR Vaccine

Originally Posted by britnyank
This is following on from another thread really (but that was to do with schooling) and maybe it SHOULD be in the visa forum but I thought I'd try it here first.

Do I (at 42 years old) REALLY have to have an MMR vaccination before I am allowed into the country?
Has anyone else had to have MMR at advanced years? (My girls both have had it 'routinely' recently at school)

I didn't want one but got the doctor gave me the vaccination anyway.....it does sem silly but that's how it seems to be.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I never had it. I had a blood test before I left the UK at my doctors that proved I didn't need it. They printed the results out for me and I took those along when I went to get my I-693(I think) supplement for the adjustment of status and the doctor said that was fine.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 8:34 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have it either. Same as Pimpbot, I had titre tests to prove immunity instead.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 8:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
I didn't have it either. Same as Pimpbot, I had titre tests to prove immunity instead.
aye, same here, because local gp's in Oxford don't normally do them, there normally done at school, the booster jabs, when I was in school anyway...

But quite a few of the vaccines are age appropriate, don't know what they are though *l*
Old Jun 5th 2005, 9:05 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Here is a link to the US Embassy web site vaccination chart that explain the age specific requirements.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...cinechart.html

Good luck
Maggie

Old Jun 5th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd never had mumps though - had chickenpox and measles, so probably not a bad thing however unlikely you are to get mumps when you are older.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:08 am
enter the twiglet zone...

alien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to all

If you had all the diseases, your titers will be okay, and u probably won't need the mmr. active immunity lasts a loooong time. however, if you had the childhood vacination for any of em...they've probably expired, and you will need the shot. even if you're low on only one...most places only stock the mmr combo, so you'll end up gettin the whole lot like me.

i had no probs. don't plan on getting pregnant within 6 months tho.

and yup, the needle is HUGE...
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

ScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really nice

This is where i have to own up and say I've not had a single jab since i was 4 years old. My family react badly to them and end up with diabetes or other nasty things. Anyway as i came in on an L1 visa no-one asked me if i had had any vaccinations. I did get blood tested ages ago and it turns out i have a natural immunity to most things anyway! So i would recommend a quick blood test first to see if you really need to have the jab.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

there is a bit of an epedmic of mumps at the moment....I recently had them....so I would highly recomend you get the shot......
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ScyLarc
So i would recommend a quick blood test first to see if you really need to have the jab.
Damn blood test is more painful than the jab I reckon!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

I had to have the chicken pox jab, even after providing evidence from my UK doctor that I'd already been tested and had immunity. Just this morning on the news there was a story of how some illegal immigrants have been found holed up in a motel but were now under 10 day quarantine because one of them showed signs (there's a dramatic pause here) of Chicken Pox! People here seem to treat it like Tuberculosis.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dant3
I had to have the chicken pox jab, even after providing evidence from my UK doctor that I'd already been tested and had immunity. Just this morning on the news there was a story of how some illegal immigrants have been found holed up in a motel but were now under 10 day quarantine because one of them showed signs (there's a dramatic pause here) of Chicken Pox! People here seem to treat it like Tuberculosis.

Chicken Pox in an adult can be very dangerous. Also a lot of times it is misdiagnosed in a child and therefore when someone says they have already had chicken pox and now are immune it is not always true. Mild chilhood diseases can react very differently when you are an adult.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Chicken Pox in an adult can be very dangerous. Also a lot of times it is misdiagnosed in a child and therefore when someone says they have already had chicken pox and now are immune it is not always true. Mild chilhood diseases can react very differently when you are an adult.
I had chicken pox at 22, and while I understood the pain to be far more than that a child suffers, I had no idea it was supposed to be so dangerous. If it is, why aren't the British vaccinated against it as children?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Damn blood test is more painful than the jab I reckon!
small needle, and it's a lot cheaper than having a whole bundle of immunisations...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.