Reload this Page >

A mixed bag of emotions

Wikiposts

A mixed bag of emotions

Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A mixed bag of emotions

My first UK trip is almost over since moving to California 2 years ago. I head back tomorrow.

The good - the UK is no longer for me. I hated the weather. Most mates have moved on. I missed a lot from my life in the US and I've only been in the UK a week.

The bad - I realized how much I had missed my brother and nephew. Skype just isn't the same. My 7 year old nephew asking why I 'have' to live far away and then not talking altogether before I left because he was so upset
I just want to move them all over with me but that's not possible.

Heart wrenching.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A mixed bag of emotions

Originally Posted by dek
My first UK trip is almost over since moving to California 2 years ago. I head back tomorrow.

The good - the UK is no longer for me. I hated the weather. Most mates have moved on. I missed a lot from my life in the US and I've only been in the UK a week.

The bad - I realized how much I had missed my brother and nephew. Skype just isn't the same. My 7 year old nephew asking why I 'have' to live far away and then not talking altogether before I left because he was so upset

Heart wrenching.
Glad you had a nice time with your family (despite the weather). Leaving to come back here is always hard. It sounds like you've settled down well in California. I wish I could say the same (lived here 23 years and still feel unsettled). All the best to you for your flight back to the US. Don't forget to bring some goodies back with you!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Just been through exactly the same thing. We visited the UK to be there for the birth of my daughters first baby. Absolute joy at having another grandie and sadness because hes/they are so far away. My daughter did try living in the US but it wasn't for her so she went home 2 years ago and is much more settled in the UK.
I know I wouldn't like living there but do enjoy visiting, (this was only the third time in 10 years mainly due to finances).
Its definitely a challenge living 9 timezones away from family.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 12:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dek

Heart wrenching.
I know it's hard to leave family behind. Maybe they can come visit you in CA? Your nephew would love it!

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, to have a portal to step through....