Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mita kuuluu?? Any Finns out there?

Mita kuuluu?? Any Finns out there?

Old Jan 17th 2005, 8:52 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mita kuuluu?? Any Finns out there?

Any Finns out there in the LA area? Just curious since my other half is from Finland. What about any other Brits who's spouse/girlfreind etc is Finnish?
Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:25 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mita kuuluu?? Any Finns out there?

No help to you at all but there's a shed load of Finns where I live, well actually in Pigeon Cove which is part of Rockport. Half my inlaw family are Finnish.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:29 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
No help to you at all but there's a shed load of Finns where I live, well actually in Pigeon Cove which is part of Rockport. Half my inlaw family are Finnish.
Is that why you have the horsemeat thing at the bottom of your name?
Are they Finns or Finnish-Americans?
Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Syllk...his missus if Finnish I believe...and in LA, I believe...
Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob
Syllk...his missus if Finnish I believe...and in LA, I believe...
Thanks Bob. I'll PM him.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomelina
Thanks Bob. I'll PM him.
no probs
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:37 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Is that why you have the horsemeat thing at the bottom of your name?
Are they Finns or Finnish-Americans?
I have the horsemeat thing because I run a very small non profit horse rescue..

My grandmother in law is off the boat Finnish and it runs down from there.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sibsie
I have the horsemeat thing because I run a very small non profit horse rescue..

My grandmother in law is off the boat Finnish and it runs down from there.
Oh right, where from in Finland? Elina was born in Turkuu but raised in Soumenlinna, the little fortress island just off Helsinki.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:14 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right, where from in Finland? Elina was born in Turkuu but raised in Soumenlinna, the little fortress island just off Helsinki.
Moi,

Turkuu is the city the Finns make jokes about, if you are from Turkuu you are mocked as hillbilly. The rest of the time they hate the swedes, which is strange as their independence day is from the Russians and not the Swedes. The big thing on their independance day is to watch the President eat?

I love Finland, it is most definatly europes best kept secret.

Moi Moi

Patrick
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Patrick
Moi,

Turkuu is the city the Finns make jokes about, if you are from Turkuu you are mocked as hillbilly. The rest of the time they hate the swedes, which is strange as their independence day is from the Russians and not the Swedes. The big thing on their independance day is to watch the President eat?

I love Finland, it is most definatly europes best kept secret.

Moi Moi

Patrick
She claims she spent little time there, she was only born in Turkuu , she was actally raised on Suomenlinna the island fortress just off Helsinki, as her father was in the Navy
I think the Swedish thing is like the English/Irish thing, a love/hate relationship.

They also drink vodka like the Russians, freeze to death on their way home in a drunken stupor or stab each other .
There was a piece on the CBS show '60 minutes' approx. 5 years ago about the Finnish tango and how shy the Finns are. She is still trying to live that down.