Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Missouri, USA(Sonya)/Lagos, Nigeria(Rotimi)

Missouri, USA(Sonya)/Lagos, Nigeria(Rotimi)

Old Mar 13th 2004, 5:58 am
Just Joined

besangin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missouri, USA(Sonya)/Lagos, Nigeria(Rotimi)

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site. I have already found very helpful and very scary information regarding the visa process and Lagos consulate.
Rotimi and I met online in August of 2003. It didn't take long for us to realize that we were madly in love and wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Sharing a love for the Christmas holiday, we decided to get married on Christmas Eve, and on that very special day, we became husband and wife. Our wedding and reception was AMAZING!!! Very lavish and traditional. We got to spend 3 1/2 weeks together.(Far too short) We have now been seperated for 2 months. Before we wed, I was a single career woman with no children. Rotey was a bachelor advertising agent with a son. His son's mom passed away during childbirth. I am eight years older than my husband. He said that when he saw my picture on the website he thought that I was lying about my age to keep younger guys from emailing me. After reading a few post from women with Nigerian husbands, I'm worried about our age difference. I know that his family did not have an issue with my age at all. As a matter of fact, I was treated like a QUEEN there by everyone. We have been gathering and holding on to evidence since before I flew to Lagos in December. I am just praying that everything goes well so my husband can come home. We are VERY anxious to start our family and the rest of our lives. Any words of advice or caution for us? Thanks for listening and looking forward to hearing from the Lagos experts!
Old Mar 13th 2004, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sonya

Good to have you here. I am also a member on visajourney with you (s&j tru luv).
So we'll be seeing you here and there I"m sure. this is another great site to post and i believer there are more Lagos members here than on the other one.

Anyway, welcome, enjoy your stay and best regards to you and Rotimi.