Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Missing British fashion-boohoo!

Missing British fashion-boohoo!

Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold
Default Missing British fashion-boohoo!

Ok everyone, i need some more help here.

Anyone got any web sites that have some sort of up to date fashion in clothes that i can order on? i miss, new look, dorothy perkins, select and of course Primark

I am 44 years old and don't wear clothes like my granny used to wear,:curse: i am a size 12-14 uk size. There is one "sort of" ok store here in Killeen, but it is aimed for teenagers or skinny minnies, if i see another polyester big and bold patterned top or skirt, i will rip it up! I WILL! I WILL! IWILL!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:34 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing British fashion-boohoo!

Here you go:

http://www.womensuits.com/

- welcome to the US.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Ummm I know in some big cities there are H & M stores as I've seen a huge one in Chicago...don't know about Texas though.

You could always order the stuff online, and get it shipped to a UK address and then get someone to ship it out to you.

Or just get a cheap flight to London, head to oxford street with 2 empty suitcases and fill them up at primark
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shazza777
Ok everyone, i need some more help here.

Anyone got any web sites that have some sort of up to date fashion in clothes that i can order on? i miss, new look, dorothy perkins, select and of course Primark

I am 44 years old and don't wear clothes like my granny used to wear,:curse: i am a size 12-14 uk size. There is one "sort of" ok store here in Killeen, but it is aimed for teenagers or skinny minnies, if i see another polyester big and bold patterned top or skirt, i will rip it up! I WILL! I WILL! IWILL!
that is something i miss big time here
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:23 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Missing British fashion-boohoo!

You could try Boden (the UK catalogue store) which now has a US catalogue.

Their Spring 2008 catalogue is offering 10% off with FREE shipping and FREE returns: to get this you need to order their catalogue which will have a Quick Service number on the back of the catalogue - this offer is valid until midnight ET on 20th June.

You can order a catalogue by phoning 1 866 206 9508 or online at

http://www.bodenusa.com
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:34 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Missing British fashion-boohoo!

By the way, 'Banana Republic' (which I guess is the nearest US equivalent to 'Next' has just opened its first British store......and they are charging a huge premium in pounds compared to US$.

My husband brought over a copy of the Daily Mail last Friday and this article was in the printed edition - but it's also online...just look at the rip-off prices Banana Republic is charging in England!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I've no idea what's in fashion any more! I miss Next
Now I only shop at TJ Maxx LOL
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:45 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I miss River Island, Next...all of them.

A lot of the shops near me seem to wheel out the same stuff each season. Fashion doesn't seem to change in Pittsburgh...polyester, polyester and more polyester, in every shade of mauve known to mankind.

I think even the "young" shops are all very bland...Abercrombie, Gap, American Eagle roll out the same stuff week after week.
And don't get me started on shoes...great big clumpy plastic things.

Underwear is even worse.....
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

A Next store opened in a nearby mall but it didn't last very long...the next time I went to the mall it had closed.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I miss River Island, Next...all of them.

A lot of the shops near me seem to wheel out the same stuff each season. Fashion doesn't seem to change in Pittsburgh...polyester, polyester and more polyester, in every shade of mauve known to mankind.

I think even the "young" shops are all very bland...Abercrombie, Gap, American Eagle roll out the same stuff week after week.
And don't get me started on shoes...great big clumpy plastic things.

Underwear is even worse.....

we do have some pricey privately owned boutiques here in downtown houston. although the clothes are not the run of the mill Mall type they are last yrs fashions

dsw shoes are brill....i love that shop, could spend a week in there no probs

https://www.dswshoes.com/home.jsp
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:38 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
we do have some pricey privately owned boutiques here in downtown houston. although the clothes are not the run of the mill Mall type they are last yrs fashions

dsw shoes are brill....i love that shop, could spend a week in there no probs

https://www.dswshoes.com/home.jsp
We have an Aldo shoe shop in our mall and that's good. Macy's have nice shoes sometimes but they only ever seem to have tiny or huge sizes.

I think a lot depends where you live. Some of my friends have family in Chicago and DC and they say the shops there are much better.
We do have some pricey small shops scattered about but they are a bit old fashioned. I don't want to pay $$$$ for something that I won't want to wear next year (or can't fit into ).
And because the small shops are so scattered you can't really browse and compare and go back and try on again....unless you don't mind driving 30 miles between shops.

When we were in Columbus on Friday we went round a really nice shopping street. We hadn't really gone dressed for shopping as our main reason for going was to look at OSU for the middle daughter and take the dog for his check up at OSU vet. hospital.
But we ended up in these lovely shops dressed head to toe in Pittsburgh mauve (a bit of an exaggeration). Everyone else just looked so stylish, fabulous clothes, fabulous shoes. A real Shrek and Fiona moment
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:50 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Here I like White House Black Market http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/home.jsp, bebe has some nice clothes too http://www.bebe.com/gp/home.html

I miss Principles, the Per Una part at M&S, Zara, Mango, Oasis and others I can't think of. I love shoes and accessories and it's really hard to find them here, and living in ruralness doesn't help at all
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There was a thread a few months back on this...

Zara is pretty good, so is Martin & Osa, Anthropologie, Banana Republic, J Crew, Johnston & Murphy (For the blokes), Nordstrom, Nine West (for the ladies shoes), Aldo's (for the blokes shoes), Ruehl...Urband Outfitter is kind of fun too...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Walmart and Kmart

and for the warm days

http://wickedweasel.com/
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:28 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

i miss new look - my sister works in there and got me 50% discount!! I was an avid primark fan tho!! I am dreading buying clothes - everything I see is a size 0!! American eagle outfitters seems t]o have my kind of stuff tho - I got a nice denim skirt that actually came in my size (uk 16!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.