Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Missed episodes of 24 Series 5

Missed episodes of 24 Series 5

Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:06 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missed episodes of 24 Series 5

Originally Posted by USBound
I work in C, C++ and assembly. We make computer games so its all relaxed and generally I always feel like living.
You obviously don't work for EA then...
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
You obviously don't work for EA then...
lol - correct, I work for neversoft , owned by Activision.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:16 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

lol - correct, I work for neversoft , owned by Activision.
Activision - sweet.
Did you work on pitfall ??
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

could you post the email here?

personally I see no issues with downloading a program you missed but have every legal right to watch. If you can borrow it from a friend then wouldn't downloading it from a website be almost the same - heck your friend could upload it to you instead of sending the tape.

direct quote from Fox 'programs that have been recorded off the air cannot be - sold or rented or forwarded via the internet - without authorisation from their copyright owner, so dont be fooled if anyone offers to sell or rent you a copy they have made - its an illegal transaction.'
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
direct quote from Fox 'programs that have been recorded off the air cannot be - sold or rented or forwarded via the internet - without authorisation from their copyright owner, so dont be fooled if anyone offers to sell or rent you a copy they have made - its an illegal transaction.'
So does anyone out there happen to have a VHS or DVD recording of the first 4 hrs of 24 series 5 that was aired Sun 15/Mon 16 Jan they would be willing to send to me? I will pay for shipping and return it within a couple of days. I supposed I could always try EBay :scared:
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

So does anyone out there happen to have a VHS or DVD recording of the first 4 hrs of 24 series 5 that was aired Sun 15/Mon 16 Jan they would be willing to send to me? I will pay for shipping and return it within a couple of days. I supposed I could always try EBay :scared:
Whoops sorry, that would be illegal, unless a VHS or DVD were being given away free of charge on EBay. :scared:
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:43 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

After mentioning last night that I had missed the first 4 hrs of 24 earlier this week due to power outages and that I had emailed Fox to ask if they were going to rerun these episodes and had not heard from them. Someone posted a link where the TV programs could be downloaded. Within minutes I received an email from Fox saying that it was illegal to download, buy or rent downloaded TV programs and that they were not going to show reruns and to ask friends if they have a VHS or DVD recording that I could borrow. Obviously Big Brother is watching!! :scared:
Have you tried bit torrent or lime wire. You have to understand p2p and I think a bit of a 'nerd' to be able to understand to set it up. I missed alias season 5 but don't understand how it works (p2p) but if you do or someone you know, you can get it that way.
I've just taped over the 24 or I would send it to you They used to repeat 24 the night before the new ones started or was that in the UK??!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Have you tried bit torrent or lime wire. You have to understand p2p and I think a bit of a 'nerd' to be able to understand to set it up. I missed alias season 5 but don't understand how it works (p2p) but if you do or someone you know, you can get it that way.
I've just taped over the 24 or I would send it to you They used to repeat 24 the night before the new ones started or was that in the UK??!
IMO, everyone should torrent it, that way Fox and other networks will learn to put the TV shows online for a small fee.

I'd pay $1 to download and watch an episode of 24 that I'd missed.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
IMO, everyone should torrent it, that way Fox and other networks will learn to put the TV shows online for a small fee.

I'd pay $1 to download and watch an episode of 24 that I'd missed.
But Fox have already said that it is illegal to download TV programs without their permission.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Activision - sweet.
Did you work on pitfall ??
lol - no... I worked on

Tony Hawks Underground 2
Tony Hawks American Wasteland
GUN

for Neversoft who are owned by Activision....
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

But Fox have already said that it is illegal to download TV programs without their permission.
Of course that's illegal!

But if only they'd legalise it, run it themselves and charge for the download.

I'd happily pay to watch something - without commercials - that was a good program. I believe one of the networks already does this through iTunes.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lol - no... I worked on

Tony Hawks Underground 2
Tony Hawks American Wasteland
GUN

for Neversoft who are owned by Activision....
Are you in this pic?.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neversoft
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

nope - I joined the company 2 years ago, some of those guys are still here tho.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Of course that's illegal!

But if only they'd legalise it, run it themselves and charge for the download.

I'd happily pay to watch something - without commercials - that was a good program. I believe one of the networks already does this through iTunes.

Here, Here. Hopefully in the not too distant future it will be possible.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:16 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I hope not for his sake :scared: